Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Force Explained (Last post by Gisteron)
    • We may not know what exactly causes gravity, at least not if you really, really get down to it. You can however stay on a more classical level and say that it is a property of mass. It is not satisfactory to a theoretical physicist but it is just about all any engineer will ever need within foreseeable future. Anyway, gravity is not a thing. It does exist in the sense that there is an interaction to be observed between the things that influences them (which is quite enough, too, one might add). It does not exist as anything you can point to however. You hear people say that love is this thing the existence of which you cannot demonstrate. Love is more discrete than gravity, believe it or not. Though one might just argue that we know less about the cause of love than the cause of gravity. But I shan't go into this unless needed. What gravity is though is a description of that interaction. We found a correlation between the mass of the things and their behaviour and we put it to an expression that helps us predict future events with enough accuracy to make our lives better. We found other forces, too, that work in a very analogous way. We don't really really know what causes them either but we have enough of an idea to allow me to write these words and to display them on your screen at any time after the fraction of a second that it takes to transmit, receive and process the data. We have nothing close to that when it comes to the capital-F Force. The Force doesn't influence anything we can't attribute to other things. The Force concept doesn't have any predictive capabilities whatsoever and as such has precisely no practical application (notice the "practical application" bit; the comfort it gives you is not being questioned here) nor value in the quest of other knowledge that might redeem its own inherent irrelevance. If anything, it may be a distraction in that it occupies our minds with a buzz-word sophistry when we could be using them to advance real understanding instead. The Force also has no consistent, much less coherent definition. I might as well say Shmaguffle and take a poll as to what all of you feel about it and call it an achievement when I'm done, as if anything was accomplished except wasting your time to comment on a made-up word that means no more than it used to before it existed. We may be deeply ignorant but we have no trouble at all defining gravity in a consistent and coherent enough way for that definition to be applicable more or less universally. We have yet to see a definition of the force that is applicable in any way other than a purely subjective one and not even a useful one as such, as it never fails to turn out. The Force is not like gravity. It is nothing like gravity.
    • Jedi In Combat (Last post by Karn)
    • “It’s easy to be a holy man on top of a mountain.” This is a quote from the movie, The Razor’s Edge starring Bill Murray. It is about a man’s spirit journey about life. It was terrible in the eyes of the critics at the time. I watched it and it changed my life. This movie influenced my decision to join the military. Reacher, you have done an amazing job with this thread. As a brother in arms, I thank you for your service. Not everyone can do what we do. I disarm IEDs as part of my job, usually while taking sniper fire from someone trying to prevent me from clearing the area. Usually these devices are going to kill many people, innocent people, not just combatants. If this is not Jedi work I do not know what is. We all have our calling. I have served for 29 years. I have influenced the hearts and minds of countless Soldiers, Sailors and Marines globally. I walk the Jedi Path. I am a Jedi by my deeds and actions. I strive to be that example in some of the most brutal situations that I scarcely talk about except maybe to a fellow few who can relate or understand the horrors of the world. Some of my brother and sister veterans are/were storm troopers, but they are influenced by the example of true leadership. If we do not have Jedi walking among them, then who else will set that leadership example but the Palpatines of the world? It is not an easy road, but I had to come down from the mountain, step into the face of adversity and temptation that real life throws in our path and using the Force as my guide, managed it fairly well. Again this life is not one I recommend to anyone, I do it so that others do not have to. All I ask is that you take a moment and reflect, meditate on what Reacher’s message is truly saying. If Jedi do not have a place in military or combat then who is left to guide the will of the Force to temper the hands of those who wield the terrible might of the Human Ego?
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I am so pissed off right now :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    • Using TOTJO and some bbcode help (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: how to use quick reply and get that video box for youtube links? I think the OP might have been for a previous incarnation of the forum, as I do not see any 'Quick Reply' button anymore. For youtube vidz I just copy and paste the URL address into the body of your reply, quite literally like this for example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybAUM7KoXco
    • Knights of Awakening Radio Team (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Just sort of an update: I wanted to let you know that KoA is still running. And I've taken my own show in three different avenues: Youtube, Podcast (live and non[?]-live) and now Prezi- sometimes written). For the Force Realist area, I would love to have more people get their input forward. So if anyone finds a subject they want to talk about relating to Jediism or the Jedi Path, or even the other Force Realist groups, send me the information (link, file, whatever) and we can get it posted up. That also means you can make responses to whatever I or my fellow hosts post up. We want to hear from you. :)
    • Hell Fire (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: Thoughts? It's important to remember that there are two types of fire found in Christian spirituality. One is a bright, gleaming, cleansing fire--the kind that touched the lips of the prophet in Isaiah. It is the righteous flame of the Holy Spirit, the tongues of fire on the heads of worshippers, the warmth of the love of God, the consuming fire of the sacrificial altar, the light of all things good. The other is the fire of destruction. Hell, the Lake of Fire, all the imagery that goes with. However, if one notices, Hell is also associated (in biblical text) with great, great darkness. It's a fire that produces no light, only pain. An interesting concept. Some say hell is other people. Most days, I'm inclined to agree :whistle: But I do agree with those who say that Hell is well-and-proper the separation from a higher love. The thought of it is unbearable.
    • Aaron Paul to play Luke Skywalker in live read (Last post by Priwen)
    • And he's very excited about it. I wish I could see this, I used to feel the same way about authority when Luke was played by Mark Hamill, but I think that Aaron Paul will bring a more 'Rebellious' and angsty feel that draws more on Luke being drawn towards The Dark side of the force. What's everyone else think? Will anyone here possibly have a chance to see it?
    • What would Buddha say? (Last post by Edan)
    • Once these things happen I begin to wonder if the idea of the religion has become more important to the individual than actually practising it.
    • Temple Crisis Hotline (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: I have explored this option before for another idea with the Knights, every email account I found had some way of finding the IP addresses of those who had logged into it, otherwise we would have already made such an account. The only way to really do it (unless someone knows of an anyonymous email service) is for someone to just make a new email account and use that which isn't really a bad idea. Well, sure.... And the screen wasnt opaque in the confessional either... If someone REALLY doesnt want anyone to know, then not telling anyone else is the only truly effective way... I have many emails forwarded to my main email, and I just checked, and the forwarded email doesnt have IP addresses on it... Not that I can see, lol...

There are 251 visitors, 5 guests and 25 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Karn, ren, Joe, Nakis, Adhara, Gisteron, The_Lukeev, Proteus, Reacher, Archon, Silvermane, Kaverael, Zenchi, Ezekiel Drathos, Calanon, SeventhSL, Noah J, Rahm Atuc, Exarchias, MrBruno, r3dleader, Jamieson, Gunnar, TheForceWithin.

Follow Us