Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Further Religious Structure (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: it is implicit within the doctrines of the faith that the Force is perceptible, and so a phenomenology of the force may be analyzed on that basis. Further, there are ethical implications that could be explored. Is it? The same could be said of other faiths, and yet the idea of perceptibility is different among different people; some may find God in a miracle, and others in a bowl of soup. Quote: And what of stories? Every doctrine could be illustrated in the form of a narrative. Perhaps you've heard of ours? In all sincerity, I believe if you take a peek through the Initiate's Program, you'll find that the Jedi of TotJO find teaching and meaning in every story, no matter its origin.
    • What is TOTJO? (Last post by Oneiros)
    • Well I do believe I've made a friend :) Unintended consequences: the pitfall of nearly every action and precisely why I zeroed in on your metaphor of a very slow boil. With proper time and application of energy devoted to an action, unintended consequences can be minimized to the most manageable amount possible. I am always grateful when people bring up unintended consequences because it keeps others from just jumping on a bandwagon and riding it off a cliff. So, with caution in mind, do you see the Jedi serving in a larger capacity? If so, what does that look like to you? In an ideal situation, what practical steps do we take to get there? Finally, I very appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to someone who is just starting his path here.
    • Personal 'Codes' (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Not the code Alexandre Orion requested... that is still in the works. More like, "What I've noticed is.." * Everything eats. * Every system is in the act of becoming something else. Extra energy can only hold one way so long. * You can pay up front or you can pay out back, but you always pay. Generally, up front is cheaper. * The universe abides life, but does not favor one over another. * There is no justice. It’s just us. * Love and kindness are indispensable. * They all talk. It is, admittedly, a very personal shorthand.
    • Pimp my Snail (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: now thats funny but thats so bad for them.... painting shells is always a bad idea lol but funny! Im hoping that they used non toxic paint. But in the article he mentions that one snail was still going 2 months later.. so maybe. But they are pretty damn cool snails!
    • The Lessons of Jedi Manners & Etiquette (Last post by Brenna)
    • Kitsu, I apologize for any offense caused. Derails happen. I try to avoid them by starting new topics, as happened yesterday. I have no complaints about anything that you have posted, only questions and now some confusion. I will of course respect your request. However. Your response I feel is unnecessary, especially as I have taken deliberate care with my language so as to avoid offense. And I feel unfairly accused.
    • Hugs (Last post by Puerh)
    • If I need 4 hugs a day to be alive I must be some kind of zombie u.u :laugh:
    • American men, American media, and the villificatio... (Last post by Oneiros)
    • Quote: I hear people don't agree with the article, but don't explain why... The article is someone's opinion about a book (which retails at USD150) and concludes with "This book will help many of us in our struggles to create a better society – one which values and encourages men and women, boys and girls. We are all in this life together : we need to think positively of others who are different from ourselves. Finally, all of us need to work much harder to make the media account for the way they portray men. " I think my specific example would be from the above comment which states that the media has some sort of bias against men. I don't believe it does. I haven't read the book and I don't feel that the price is relevant to the conversation. The book can end with whatever nice words about working together and positive thinking it wants, but if that is preceded by bias and false information, the nice ending loses any credibility. If you would like me to find specific examples from the book itself I will absolutely do that because I feel this is important. I don't mean to be argumentative and I will genuinely have this conversation.
    • Meditation and Dissociation (Last post by Proteus)
    • Quote: One major lesson I learned from Taoism is the idea of the "middle path". Basically, when you're faced with a choice, you stick with the option that doesn't lean too far one way or the other. It's worked wonders in my life. You must mean Buddhism, from which the Middle Path comes from. :)
    • Let's Negotiate the Jedi Code! (Last post by Adder)
    • I think perception itself is a process of negotiating internal and external signals.... which could be supported by some research around saying curiosity is the key to learning - with curiosity being the drive to complete the process with energy and focus. So to the Code, yea I guess that too is a good example to use!! To use a war metaphor, how about a fire control system as something which negotiates a change in a situation; Emotion, yet peace - Detection; normal mode of maximum connection to ones environment. Ignorance, yet knowledge - Acquisition; contextualization of some point/entity in the environment. Passion, yet serenity - Identification; understanding the point/entity. Chaos, yet harmony - Tracking; understanding its previous, actual and probable transformations in relation to your own state. Death, yet the Force - Engagement/Solution; any adjustment to your own state and its impact on the that external point/entity. Sorry for the war-ryness of the post :blink:
    • Philosophy and the Sciences class (Last post by Desolous)
    • Most definitely the cognitive science route, as that is more in line with my mental health bafkground. It will be a challenge to knock this out, but I'm sure you're up to it.
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Day 38 checking 45 minute run today (40 run + 5 cooldown).. was a good run today, didn't feel tired really at all until the very end. Best track of the run was 'Playing with Fire' by Plan B. The whole album was pretty intense to be honest and I probably looked unduly serious while I was running but it helped with the focus. Definitely getting fitter.
    • Taoism (Last post by taidavrikaurvan)
    • Me and Streen have had many discussions on quotes as such, "The teacher does not give the answer but asks the question." A quote that has a deep value to myself.
    • No offense, but... (Last post by Red Lila)
    • Through all of this there are some practicalities that haven't been discussed. While, certainly, the notion that intending to be offended and intending offence are personal reactions, which should both be avoided; there are basic communication techniques that can reduce unintended offence. The most basic of these is recognizing the "tone neutral" environment of written communication. Due to the absence of body language and inflection we can only establish tone through our word choice and only after a sufficiently expansive block of text do those word choices establish a "voice" and the amount of text necessary to establish that voice is variable from individual to individual. Therefore its best to assume that your "voice" comes off dry and monotone. Even emoji aren't sufficient to overcome this as a smile can be sarcastic or sinister just as easily as joyful or amused. From a communication perspective, monotone voices are ascribed a serious, sincere disposition by the majority of listeners and readers unless they have specific reason to feel otherwise. Aim your dialogue on this assumption and you'll find offence taken far less often.
    • How people can drink 4L of coke a day (Last post by Json)
    • I gave up sodas 12 years ago when I quit smoking. I would say it is one of the best things I did. I decided to get into shape a year ago and finally gave up sweet tea so I drink water.... a lot of water. I do enjoy a couple of cups of green tea during the day but I do not add sugar or anything to them. Changing to eating healthy can be tough and should be treated and a long term goal. But the benefits are amazing. Food tastes better and I have a control over my hunger cravings. :) I cannot stand fast food anymore. It actually makes me sick as I am sure drinking a coke would especially 4 liters. Whew.

There are 572 visitors, 6 guests and 43 members online (4  are in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Jon, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Karn, ren, Kitsu Tails, Nakis, SenseiMitPen, Adder, Wescli Wardest, Learn_To_Know, Trose , Red Lila, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Arcade, Brenna, Archon, Kamizu, zeronycon, Edan, klyde, Silvermane, Pyrus Erath, benedictveritas, carlos.martinez3, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, Chadius4, Acheron, Revan Falton, Oneiros, danielhwhite, Koffee, soldmysoul4wifi.

Follow Us