Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Are Jedi Against Deception (Last post by Ariane)
    • This is the philosophy section so here are some arguments: Most people would say that lying is always wrong, except when there's a good reason for it like Kitsu Tails - which means that it's not always wrong! This definition says that what makes a lie, a lie is the liars intention: Lying is bad because it treats those who are lied to as a means to achieve the liar's purpose, rather than as a valuable end in themselves. Many people think that it is wrong to treat people as means to an ends. Lying is bad, because it makes it difficult for the person being lied to, to make a free and informed decision about the matter concerned. Lies lead people to base their decisions on false information. Lying is bad because it cannot sensibly be made into a universal principle. Many people think that something should only be accepted as an ethical rule if it can be applied in every case so therefore Lying is bad because it's cannot be a basic moral choice. Some things are fundamentally bad - lying is one of them. Those who tell 'good lies' don't generally suffer bad consequences - although they may do so on some occasions. Lying and truth-telling. Above all a liar should have a very good memory. Therefore Jedi also believe in wrong doing and anything else, when it suits them, There is no Good or Bad only Power There is no lie, only success Love & Light
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Proteus)
    • I'm grateful for the people who not only tell me but show me what i mean to them by their presence in my life day to day, and for the courage they show of opening up to me and allowing me to open up to them, regardless of what may or may not come from it. It's a personal adventure that I feel is crucial to our journeys, and it gives each other all the more meaning when we take that leap and allow it to happen for us to grow.
    • Vegetarianism (Last post by Mareeka)
    • The soy granules I use are TVP (textured vegetable protein) which is purchased from health food stores. Mostly I use them for chile. Meat eaters have been amazed there was not meat. Since I do not digest nuts well, I get them in the diet in 2 ways: 1) grind them in a coffee type grinder which is reserved for nuts and mild herbs and spices. These I put direct in salads or make dressing with. Mostly, I use almond and walnut and sunflower seeds and flax. I keep the quantities small and sometimes I mix 2 together. 2) I soak them over night or half the day. I drain them. Sometimes I let them dry on a paper towel and eat them like that. The soaking removes a lot of flavor but not nutrients. Sometimes I put them in a smoothie. With small quantities the flavor is not discernable. The following link appears as vegan on the front page but that is not the draw for me.. What I like about it is: It has a very large data-base. Many of the recipes are created by the users and the quantities are small. Not much is lost if I try something new and I do not like it. It has a search engine that works. So, when I get tired of my X many recipes for a particular veggie . . I often go here. www.vegwweb.com
    • A Daily Practice for Somewhat Spiritual Noobs... (Last post by Streen)
    • Meditation is a great place to start, but keep in mind that meditation can take on many forms. Even ordinary activities can be meditative. For example, washing dishes, going for a walk, folding clothes, etc. Nearly anything that is repetitive that causes your mind to wander, for lack of a better word. Keep in mind, there is nothing you have to do or think when meditating in general. There are techniques as others have already posted, but meditation can be as simple as just sitting and letting your mind do whatever it wants to do. You might be surprised what it comes up with when you set it free ;)
    • Live Service - Friday, 1 May 2015 at 17:30 UTC (Last post by V-Tog)
    • Hello everyone :) I will conducting a live service on Friday 1st May at 17:30 UTC. It will be the first service/sermon on the new theme of 'Ego, yet Humility', and will take place in the TOTJO chat-room. To check when this service will be taking place in your timezone, please click here. Looking forward to seeing you there!
    • Nepal (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • My wife has family in Nepal - haven't heard anything from them In he meantime, all we can do is donate, I guess :-( secure2.oxfamamerica.org/page/content/nepal_earthquake/
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by LTK)
    • Almost ran out of day but I got my cardio in (it's much harder to motivate myself to do cardio than it is to lift weights) I dug into the DVD archive and completed a round of P90X Plus, Kenpo Cardio Plus. No music as I just followed along with the DVD.
    • The Reiki Thread :-) (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Start low, end high. I tend to breath in through nose only when their is obvious particulate or its really cold, otherwise I get better flow in through the mouth and adequate filtration through the moisture in the mouth, and out through the nose to retain moisture. Switch them both around in different configs depending on circumstance. Is it releted to Reiki? the original intent of the question was specifically during a reiki treatment but since its been asked i guess any good suggestions on breathwork are beneficial in general also id like to be clear with the responses so far - when people say "start low" are you meaning "belly breathin/use your diaphram" low or "draw from the center of the earth low"? that may seem like a silly question i have had great resluts from using the feeling that my feet and legs draw in from the earth with every inhalation similar to how a plant might draw water into itself from the ground and generally, i feellike i project outwards better either when i hold my breath or on exhalation I cannot speak for Khaos who used the same wording (prior to me), but I was just referring to normal breathing and so only meant diaphragm, draw into the belly sort of thing. I've always just used CV-6 气海 as a cauldron of energy to punctuate with breath... like a wind blowing into a room and mixing with a stream of incense to fill the space with smoke. I don't do Reiki so I cannot comment beyond that, but I do do various breathing exercises from the Doctrine/Yoga of Inner Heat, Tummo, Kundalini, whatever you'd like to call it!
    • Interactive Art (Last post by Edan)
    • Saw this today on Reddit, love it (Definitely check out the Scream) fff.cmiscm.com/#!/main
    • Rewrite the Bible? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: Quote: That's why I think it'd be better to rewrite it. Our nature hasn't changed, but the life and culture of the US of today is vastly different than the life and culture of the Middle East 4,000 years ago. Jesus washed feet. Big deal? Actually it was. But you have to know the culture and history of the area to understand why people were flipping out about it. Maybe he washed their car instead? haha no idea. But that's why I think a group of people who know the history and culture could better rewrite it for today. I think the myths are there, and they're wonderful. The spirit of the message really does pertain to today, but without being a historian, I feel a lot of the impact is missing. But make a new New King James Version with Jesus walking the streets of New York today. ...although I think the troubles will come with the whole crucifixion thing haha. We really don't have the same kind of executions that could reflect near the kind of suffering crucifixion inflicts. Pick three stories you like, and I'll make it my weekend project. since no one else seems to be taking you up on it, and minus any kind of time expectations, if you get the feeling for it id personally love a jonah/jonas and the whale update in a way, i feel that story pretty well encompasses the "spiritual crisis" of our era
    • what is the significance of... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • what is the significance of the associations which make up the concept of "the devil"? embodiment of evil overlord of hell rebelled against god tempts and corrupts man likes to party original appearance as the serpent which is deeply associated with (among other things) wisdom referred to as "the adversay" whose name is lucifer which translates as "morning star" and has astronomical implications also there is the translation "light bearer" or "light bringer" light having the symbolic associations of wisdom or reason is this coincidental? if not then what is the significance? if so then what new ideas does the association activate?
    • Men Hardwired to be Better than Women at Chess (Last post by Radar6590)
    • Quote: Regarding Magnus Carlson's game, one game of chess doesn't prove anything, because at some point in the future the best player in the game will probably be a woman. You need to have a discussion about trends and averages, because there will always be a few data points which lie outside of the norm. I just want to make myself clear that the game was an example of what I was talking about, but my post was based on statistics. I talked about elo rating, which is the literal statistical chance that you have to win versus another player. Magnus' rates almost 200 elo points higher than some of the top female chess players. Statistically, this means he has about a 75% win chance against even the top players. Quote: For whatever reason, men seem to be able to do this more consistently over hundreds of games, thus their higher statistical wins and elo. Women can do it too, usually reaching high 2600's, but the current world champ Magnus Carlsen is almost at 2900, with the skill level increasing exponentially the higher you go. I posted the Magnus game because it seemed relevant to the topic as supplementary material, and to show you an example of one game. I don't think that Magnus' win percentage is actually that high overall, something like 60-65%, but that is of course versus other world caliber players. Versus a lower caliber players like a 2650 he has a much higher change to win. This would be based off of their overall tournament games of course, and there is something to be said for also checking personal records. I would also like to point out that I don't think it's reflective of chess players as a whole, but more of an indicator in top level play. (I myself peaked at about 1700 before I stopped playing tournaments when I went to college - many, many women can beat me!) So to back my statement up, here's a chart showing elo differences and the statistical likely hood that you'll win: Spoiler: Elo rating vs. winning probabilities This table shows the correlation between the difference in Elo points and the probability of winning a game (in bold). So for example if a player has won 60% of her games against an opponent, she would be approximately 72 Elo points stronger. Conversely, a player that is 150 points weaker than his opponent, has only a 30% chance of winning a game. .99 +677______ .66 +117______ .33 -125 .98 +589______ .65 +110______ .32 -133 .97 +538______ .64 +102______ .31 -141 .96 +501______ .63 +95______ .30 -149 .95 +470______ .62 +87______ .29 -158 .94 +444______ .61 +80______ .28 -166 .93 +422______ .60 +72______ .27 -175 .92 +401______ .59 +65______ .26 -184 .91 +383______ .58 +57______ .25 -193 .90 +366______ .57 +50______ .24 -202 .89 +351______ .56 +43______ .23 -211 .88 +335______ .55 +36______ .22 -220 .87 +322______ .54 +29______ .21 -230 .86 +309______ .53 +21______ .20 -240 .85 +296______ .52 +14______ .19 -251 .84 +284______ .51 +7______ .18 -262 .83 +273______ .50 0______ .17 -273 .82 +262______ .49 -7______ .16 -284 .81 +251______ .48 -14______ .15 -296 .80 +240______ .47 -21______ .14 -309 .79 +230______ .46 -29______ .13 -322 .78 +220______ .45 -36______ .12 -335 .77 +211______ .44 -43______ .11 -351 .76 +202______ .43 -50______ .10 -366 .75 +193______ .42 -57______ .09 -383 .74 +184______ .41 -65______ .08 -401 .73 +175______ .40 -72______ .07 -422 .72 +166______ .39 -80______ .06 -444 .71 +158______ .38 -87______ .05 -470 .70 +149______ .37 -95______ .04 -501 .69 +141______ .36 -102______ .03 -538 .68 +133______ .35 -110______ .02 -589

There are 785 visitors, 9 guests and 34 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Zanthan Storm, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Shadouness, baru, Jestor, Kitsu Tails, Nakis, Connor L., LTK, Proteus, V-Tog, Rosalyn J, Alan, PatrickB, Llama Su, Kamizu, Edan, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, peace, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Radar6590, Matsukaze, Rocda, Ariane, Fenton, Baija Damel, BryanJerome, Atticus509, Krieger, asteropos, Lestaut, dennismonnier, WayneTec, Evohunter7, Craden, sroswald.

Follow Us