Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I am so pissed off right now :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    • Jedi In Combat (Last post by Reacher)
    • Thanks for the replies so far, guys. I'll address a couple things, and start off by saying that I sometimes fail to explain myself understandably. I'll try to rectify that. Firstly - I'm not here to justify specific policy of ANY nation or organization. This is not the appropriate thread for that. I'll leave my opinions on foreign policy at the door to maintain the purity of the topic. Steamboat28, I think we see very much eye to eye here. SeventhSL, I think you made the right decision for yourself in choosing to focus in something other than the military. That was the right choice for you. Becoming a stormtrooper for someone's agenda is a real consideration here, and so is this: Could a true Jedi, with the Force in his heart, actually become a 'stormtrooper'? Sure, a Palpatine might send him someplace for whatever sinister purpose...but the manner in which he conducts himself and his business is up to the Jedi. Who pulls the trigger on his rifle and the pins on his grenades? If that Jedi manages to shape his environment such that he manages to hold fire on even one person - deserving or no, avoids one drone strike - justified or no, is that not better than having some lemming or automaton there instead? I'll move forward with this thought while addressing some of Adder's very important points: Does the Jedi Way REQUIRE association with violence? Absolutely not. I cannot stress that enough. We each have our strengths, preferences, and natural proclivities. But for those who do serve in that arena and CAN positively influence a potentially violent situation - is that not right for them to do so, even at risk? What I DO believe is that the Jedi Path requires application of the Jedi Code - and not just when it is physically, morally, or spiritually safe and convenient for the Jedi to do so. That theme transcends violence, warfare, or ANY particular profession. Should the the Jedi Code - our (albeit imperfect) understanding of The Force - be at the center of the equation when a Jedi acts, or should the Jedi? I would LOVE to be completely disassociated from war, violence, and all the negativity that comes with it. But if I can do some good on behalf of the beliefs I steward in that arena, I accept that risk. If I don't risk the negatives (with the reasonable belief that my skills equal to the task), then I cannot affect a great positive either. Yes, combat is the topic I chose for my color palette in this thread. It is something I am familiar with and have thought a great deal about. I use it as a construct here because it is one of the more difficult things to justify participating in as a Jedi. I realize that, as an example, it may not be accessible on a deeply personal level for all. It is but a pawn, however. At its heart, this topic has really nothing at all to do with violence. Fundamentally what I am asking you all to think about is this: Are you a steward of the Force? If so, does that mean a steward should be willing to assume some level of risk and sacrifice (morally, physically, OR spiritually) to do good for the world? Soldiering is an extreme example. In my case, what I risk is becoming a 'stormtrooper' on behalf of another's cyclically violent and negative agenda. But by doing so I also stand to serve as a force of good where it is needed most. If nothing, at least where *I* can serve most. That, to me, is honorable and worthy of pursuit. I came here, to this Temple specifically, because I wanted to better understand the Force, and how I can better serve its principles in my capacity as a warrior. Apply this to your own story, and see how it fleshes out. Ask yourself why you are here...is it to better understand how you can steward the Force in whatever capacity you serve it best, or perhaps for reasons that are more self-serving? Are you here to make YOU awesome, or are you here to make the WORLD awesome? Yes, I am oversimplifying and yes, this is a false choice...but think of those questions in terms of 'centers of gravity'. Are you at the center of the universe, or is something greater than all of us at the center of the universe - The Force? If the latter, then where should we stop in terms of trying to serve that center? Only where it can't possibly hurt anything or anyone, regardless of what real effect it may have for 'good' in the world? Before risking loss for oneself and The Force, regardless of the potential gains (spiritual, moral, physical)? These are questions I grapple with quite a bit. I thank you for the insight you've all already given, and welcome more.
    • Using TOTJO and some bbcode help (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: how to use quick reply and get that video box for youtube links? I think the OP might have been for a previous incarnation of the forum, as I do not see any 'Quick Reply' button anymore. For youtube vidz I just copy and paste the URL address into the body of your reply, quite literally like this for example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybAUM7KoXco
    • Knights of Awakening Radio Team (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Just sort of an update: I wanted to let you know that KoA is still running. And I've taken my own show in three different avenues: Youtube, Podcast (live and non[?]-live) and now Prezi- sometimes written). For the Force Realist area, I would love to have more people get their input forward. So if anyone finds a subject they want to talk about relating to Jediism or the Jedi Path, or even the other Force Realist groups, send me the information (link, file, whatever) and we can get it posted up. That also means you can make responses to whatever I or my fellow hosts post up. We want to hear from you. :)
    • Hell Fire (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: Thoughts? It's important to remember that there are two types of fire found in Christian spirituality. One is a bright, gleaming, cleansing fire--the kind that touched the lips of the prophet in Isaiah. It is the righteous flame of the Holy Spirit, the tongues of fire on the heads of worshippers, the warmth of the love of God, the consuming fire of the sacrificial altar, the light of all things good. The other is the fire of destruction. Hell, the Lake of Fire, all the imagery that goes with. However, if one notices, Hell is also associated (in biblical text) with great, great darkness. It's a fire that produces no light, only pain. An interesting concept. Some say hell is other people. Most days, I'm inclined to agree :whistle: But I do agree with those who say that Hell is well-and-proper the separation from a higher love. The thought of it is unbearable.
    • Aaron Paul to play Luke Skywalker in live read (Last post by Priwen)
    • And he's very excited about it. I wish I could see this, I used to feel the same way about authority when Luke was played by Mark Hamill, but I think that Aaron Paul will bring a more 'Rebellious' and angsty feel that draws more on Luke being drawn towards The Dark side of the force. What's everyone else think? Will anyone here possibly have a chance to see it?
    • What would Buddha say? (Last post by Edan)
    • Once these things happen I begin to wonder if the idea of the religion has become more important to the individual than actually practising it.
    • The Force Explained (Last post by Priwen)
    • Quote: We ARE the force. I would argue The Force is ALL existence in this dimension and beyond. Every quark of it. If you look into the behaviors of Electrons you'll find out they seem to pop in and out of existence. Technically we are 99.9% empty space. And we still don't know WHY Gravity works, we just accept that it does. In reality, we are so un-knowledgeable on the grand scale of things that it's a little ridiculous to assume we can define The Force at all. It's not pointless to contemplate, but it is pointless to put restrictions on it.
    • Temple Crisis Hotline (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: I have explored this option before for another idea with the Knights, every email account I found had some way of finding the IP addresses of those who had logged into it, otherwise we would have already made such an account. The only way to really do it (unless someone knows of an anyonymous email service) is for someone to just make a new email account and use that which isn't really a bad idea. Well, sure.... And the screen wasnt opaque in the confessional either... If someone REALLY doesnt want anyone to know, then not telling anyone else is the only truly effective way... I have many emails forwarded to my main email, and I just checked, and the forwarded email doesnt have IP addresses on it... Not that I can see, lol...

There are 298 visitors, 5 guests and 21 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Kitsu Tails, Nakis, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Alan, zeronycon, Edan, Silvermane, Ezekiel Drathos, Calanon, SeventhSL, Noah J, Tarran, Exarchias, Rocda, r3dleader, Rajewski13, TheForceWithin.

Follow Us