Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Brenna)
    • Great. Just as im bloody leaving the country the local group starts making noises. Bloody eggs!
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Today I am grateful for all of my animals: Dog, 3 cats, parakeet and the bunny. Having to stop taking in rescue rats and degu because of my allergy was a killer, but the silly personalities of my remaining animals makes my day every day.
    • Cultural Appropriation (Last post by Mr. Love)
    • I'm a musician! Hey I found this awesome shirt at urteeshirt.com here's a link! dlovearts.myshopify.com/products/temple-...-area-symbol-t-shirt [attachment]
    • love hurts: mental health (Last post by Brenna)
    • Steam beat me to it. Love is sadly no guarantee that its all going to go well. But love is not the problem. Its the expectation of what you want from loving them that's the issue. And frankly, no matter how much you love someone, if you feel terrible when youre interacting, maybe you should stop interacting with them. You wouldnt keep walking on a broken leg if it hurt.
    • Mars One (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • for the species to survive we're going to have to leave earth eventually if an asteroid doesnt sink our battleship then the sun will eventually cook our goose colonization is mandatory, preferably not just multiple planets but multiple solar systems until we are a multi system species we will always be one step away from extinction
    • speed of light (Last post by Gisteron)
    • A fact is a point of data that is either indisputable in that it can through logical analysis be concluded from true premises, or undisputed because of the massive amount of evidence indicating it and no other in its place. The changing behaviour of light speed in a vacuum is not a fact. Indeed, almost all VSL hypotheses attempt to redefine the speed of light as a function of distance rather than distance as a function of that speed. In this way, most of the proposed hypotheses are mathematically equivalent to the constant light speed models. This is why in the main stream nobody has a problem defining the speed of light rather than measuring it; because it is a definition of units first and of relative quantities second. It is like if you had an empty vector space and you arbitrarily chose an origin point and defined directions and dimensions from it. There is no reason for picking the ones that you did over any other except that your choice may be more convenient for most calculations. Variable speed of light hypotheses propose a new convenience, they don't explain a discovery.
    • The World (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: ... as is obvious, society is crumbling globally. Oh, is it? And that's obvious, you say? Please, go on. How so? Quote: I know there aren't a lot of Jedi that combine their beliefs with Christianity, but for me it makes sense because it describes in detail the idea that the world will come to an end, and that we will be saved by Christ himself. I honestly don't see any other way through the mess that is our world. In other words, there is no way we can improve anything, so let's wait for the end of the world like we've been saying it is imminent for milennia. Indeed, let Jesus take the wheel because we can't steer by ourselves, at least not to where anything actually improves. While we're at it, let's ignore the countless occasions where we have and still do and focus on the roads not travelled yet. Now, that may be your view and you are welcome to it. I would however, out of caution, attribute it to your personal frustration and not to Christianity, because yours is one of but many interpretations and especially because the implications of yours are such that I reckon many of your brothers and sisters in faith would not view as an inherent part of theirs.
    • Stupidity as a religion... (Last post by Jestor)
    • Quote: we all suffer eventually I wouldn't say eventually, ;).... Id say "we all have, or will, suffer at some point"... Its a lesson that you can't realize without enduring.... I'm hoping I've moved beyond it... chuckle... But, I've more yet in front of me...;)
    • Small Acts of Self-Love (Last post by Vusuki)
    • I've been reading a little bit of a book- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies recently and some of you've been writing Jamie reminded me of it (or vice versa!). Other elements of what I see as wisdom pop up like paying attention or recognising when we play the black and white game (Watts) in the book. I'm enjoying recognising ideas that I've heard before from other people... And so hence- I thought I'd add here a list of 'thinking errors' that we fall into. In quotinig part of the book and not all of it, I hope people will not take what i write as clearly right or wrong but just a set of ideas... I hope some find some interest and can enjoy it in any case! "... Questions that you might ask yourself in order to identify your thinking errors include: • Am I jumping to the worst possible conclusion? (Catastrophising) • Am I thinking in extreme – all-or-nothing – terms? (Black-and-white thinking) • Am I using words like ‘always’ and ‘never’ to draw generalised conclusions from a specific event? (Overgeneralising) • Am I predicting the future instead of waiting to see what happens? (Fortune-telling) • Am I jumping to conclusions about what other people are thinking of me? (Mind-reading) • Am I focusing on the negative and overlooking the positive? (Mental filtering) • Am I discounting positive information or twisting a positive into a negative? (Disqualifying the positive) • Am I globally putting myself down as a failure, worthless or useless? (Labelling) • Am I listening too much to my negative gut feelings instead of looking at the objective facts? (Emotional reasoning) • Am I taking an event or someone’s behaviour too personally or blaming myself and overlooking other factors? (Personalising) • Am I using words like ‘should’, ‘must’, ‘ought’ and ‘have to’ in order to make rigid rules about myself, the world or other people? (Demanding) • Am I telling myself that something is too difficult or unbearable or that ‘I can’t stand it’ when actually it’s hard to bear but it is bearable and worth tolerating? (Having a low frustration tolerance" Have a nice day/night, :)

There are 288 visitors, 2 guests and 18 members online (one in chat): Br. John, ren, ldickson, Proteus, Brenna, Llama Su, Kamizu, Mr. Love, Edan, Wudan, Pyrus Erath, Matsukaze, GalUnDrux, Rocda, Fenton, Ramadeus, Atticus509, Oakenshaw, bloodx.

Follow Us