Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Critical Thinking! (Last post by Adder)
    • It could interfere with the teaching process!! School seems to be about marks, not learning. See I often questioned the teachers when they said something I knew was wrong.... but I now know it was beside the point of why we were all there. I think learning is more about what one focuses on in adulthood as a current set of knowledge..... since memory sort of fades over time. Obviously the foundations of that occur during education, but the things which are not related to the current focus tend to fade. I self studied alongside my education, and the integration and structure of that experience (guided by curiosity) was so uniform and logical that very quickly the disjointed and disorganized mainstream education become a burden to process. It was only later that I did realize the trick to mainstream education was learning how to cram and dump using short term memory properly - I'd stupidly thought subjects were integrated sets of knowledge which could be managed logically. Education is about getting marks and grabbing some useful knowledge which might be relevant to individuals from within a diverse group to allow them to specialize and focus later on, IMO. So I think critical thinking is better kept as a tool to be practised throughout life, but perhaps taught in an exit unit when someone leaves school, a "Stop believing everything you hear/read" course to usher people out of childhood and into adulthood.
    • Yoga (Last post by Dessel761)
    • I would like to start doing some yoga at home. That being said, does anyone know of any good apps or videos to help with this?
    • Tattoos and Jedi? (Last post by Learn_To_Know)
    • Quote: Quote: I would never want my wife or kids to gauge their ears! Looks nasty in my opinion, haha. But to each their own. If the kids want to do that someday, it's their ears! lol... "Gauge up" doesn't just mean those huge earring, lol.... Standard earrings are 16 or 14 gauge... Those are like the size you would pierce an ear with a starter stud... I think I'm at a 12 gauge right now... Just a little bigger.... eyeballing a 10...;) Picture a guy wearing little dainty gold hoops, and then one wearing a set a little bit thicker, lol.... Shows what I know, haha. When someone says "gauge their ears" I picture this: [attachment] [attachment] That just don't do it for me! haha.. To each their own!
    • Holy Place (Last post by Learn_To_Know)
    • This is an interesting topic to me. I fall along the "some things are holy". Being on the mountain, being in a library, being in the dark and quiet while staring at the stars, those are all holy places to me. I feel like going to the library now, haha.
    • Historical Discoveries (Last post by Edan)
    • Ancient Egyptian temple discovered after illegal digging Full article here: egyptianstreets.com/2014/10/30/ancient-e...ter-illegal-digging/
    • Favourite words (Last post by steamboat28)
    • My three submissions to this thread are: * saudade * the dreaded "c-word" * "cellar door"
    • I saw this on facebook and I was wondering if this... (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Religious....No. We do have shamanic Journey's and Meditations and such... and it has it's own level of spirituality. But Religious no. It is an assembly of people who believe in the force to share with eachother the things we know. We have Workshops where we teach things anywhere from Martial arts, First Aide, Philosophical discussions, Search and Rescue.....Whatever the members want to teach at the time. We also have events. Like the Blot, Knighting Ceremonies... Its just a big gathering of Jedi + Friends :) This is what we did this year :) gatheredforcecommunity.com/index.php/eve...-gathering-meet-up-s
    • Philosophy Tech Support (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: I was wondering why nobody else noticed. It is good to wonder but to question anyone elses wonder .... we all see things differently. I like that. or was that just a question asking to be answered?

There are 162 visitors, 12 guests and 28 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Jon, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, ren, Nakis, Connor L., Adder, Brian, Learn_To_Know, Trose , Proteus, Angelus Kalen, Rosalyn J, Llama Su, Kamizu, Kohadre, Edan, Silvermane, babyblueyes247, Mathew Erickson, carlos.martinez3, taidavrikaurvan, SeventhSL, Zac Woods, Revan Falton, Oneiros, Moraljon14, Logahan, Jim_Detroit_USA, Andrew Miller, Swanp1988, firewalkerx, Arkayik, RaB, fredogaston, ChrisPeppas.

Follow Us