Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Terrance McKenna - Reclaim your mind (Last post by Connor L.)
    • I think you're definitely right. That's why I listed out my Hierarchy of Creative Achievement above. We have to have foundations, fulfillment, a sense of purpose, a compassionate mind (toward the self and others), a connective spirit and attitude of service, and then be able to have a feeling of Artistic Achievement. Without foundations, we are lost in our inability to stay alive. Without fulfillment, we are forever searching for something we don't have. Without a sense of purpose (notice: I didn't say actually having a purpose), we continue to try and fill a void which does not exist. Without compassion, we only seek to fulfill the self, therefore the art is not reaching out... only pulling in. Without a spirit of service, the art is cold and unfeeling. But, with all those in place, the art is magical. We can be an artistic Engineer. An artistic Blacksmith. An artistic Janitor. Or, even, yes, an artistic Painter, poet, writer, etc. Art must be supported by the rest of the foundational material. Which, I think, must come from having a good relationship with our mind and spirit. Which, is the point I think McKenna is trying to make.
    • online education and e-learning (Last post by Adder)
    • Do you have much experience with different e-learning websites? I've done heaps (too many am burnt out lol) at Coursera, and had a look at various other MOOCs such as EdX. I think the Uni I did postgrad at used an early version of Moodle but that was awhile ago now. What qualities in an online class do you like? What do you "not like"? Video lectures, and the speed up playback option of Coursera was great as some lecturers speak a little slow sometimes. I like a tight assessment process such as a timer - as without the pressure it does not forge learning IMO. I liked provision of lecture content such as text and images available as separate downloads to assist self study. The forum mediated participation has potential but would need to be much more structured, perhaps like more like a live lecture in 'text' form but over 24 hours and not actually live. I was never able to participate in live video lectures due to timezones so unable to comment on that. I don't like self paced stuff so much... the internet is big enough already for me to self pace in basically anything, so I think an online class should push the student through a body of material as a supported process of mental exercise. What sites rise to the top? Coursera was my fav, of those few I tried. Has anyone used google classroom? Nope, I had not heard of it, will have a look though, thanks!
    • Conscientious Objection to Military Taxation(COMT)... (Last post by Adder)
    • The Cold War was not the invention of US foreign policy though, US foreign policy was a reaction to the Cold War. It's a complex topic that's for sure. If people didn't fight we wouldn't need a military, or at least anything as large. I'm with you on the peace as ideal. Some might say its an illusion which needs conflict to contrast it, but I disagree. I think the contrast can be achieved within the individual enough without it being carried on externally in society.
    • "The Death of Expertise" (Last post by adventureexcitement242)
    • Quote: I would agree that all parts of the political spectrum can be guilty of anti-academia behavior, but for different reasons. Some may fear academia because it generates new information that flies directly in the face of their strongly held beliefs. Others may fear it because it makes them feel inferior. Still others may disagree with experts because they have access to google and wikipedia and this access to information makes them believe they are equally qualified. In my opinion, people need to stop trying to one-up each other and accept that some people are just better than others at certain things. There's nothing wrong with that. What do you think about the inevitable fact that "the experts" are frequently wrong? For years the FDA told us that saturated fats are bad for our arteries, and a whole industry popped up selling FDA-approved food replacements like margarine that have no saturated fat yet are even worse for the body. Or, taking another tact, what about the fact that homosexual behavior has only recently been removed from the DSMV as indicators of mental illness? Today the experts have reversed themselves. I'm thinking that our society has blown up examples like these to discredit the notion of expertise. It's an example of the unmooring of the average person from any steady mental grips to hold and orient themselves. Sort of like the mental distress that comes from a loss of myth? What do you think? One final note, I'm recalling that "appeal to authority" is a formal logical fallacy.
    • Live Sermon August 1 1900 UTC (Last post by Rosalyn J)
    • Hi everyone I will be delivering a live sermon on August 1, 2015 at 1900 UTC entitled Jedi Justice to open up this months theme: Inequity Yet Justice. I look forward to seeing some of you there and assure you that a written counterpart will be made available to those who cannot make it :) Ros
    • Once Again, Scientists Conclude That There's No Ev... (Last post by Luthien)
    • Quote: I've got to disagree with that. Let's take alcohol for example. www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nut...alcohol/art-20044551 In small amounts, it will: Reduce your risk of developing and dying from heart disease Possibly reduce your risk of ischemic stroke (when the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing severely reduced blood flow) Possibly reduce your risk of diabetes. But in large amounts, whether you're healthy or sick, alcohol can kill you. Is that not what homeopathy is? Small doses of a substance producing good effects while large doses of the same substance produces bad effects? No. Homeopathy would be more like: * Too much alcohol is deadly. * If I dilute it by a factor of 10−12 (one part in one trillion or 1/1,000,000,000,000), one can get the body used to the alcohol with each dosage. * The higher the dilution factor, the more potent the dosage. Now, aside from the first assertion, which part makes sense? An oversimplification, I know, but pretty close, imo.
    • Rosalyn J, Deacon, Ceremony, 2015 (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Quote: Since we'd planned to be there anyway, we'll carry on with a live service -- it will be presented by Edan. So, if anyone was planning on coming, we'll still be there .... Hope to see you all there. ;) Bummer! I had to bow out before the decision was made due to migraine leftovers. I hope the service will at some point be posted for those who weren't there. :)
    • Leave of Absence, Extended. (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Until further notice, I am taking an extended leave of absence from my status and position as a Licensed Minister. If, upon further reflection, I still feel that the issues that prompted this leave will remain in effect beyond my ability to affect them, I will renounce said position. We'll see what the future holds. -M. W.
    • Does "love" work? (Last post by baru)
    • I am discovering that my ultimate purpose is to allow experiences to flow through me and to radiate love into the world. I feel that if all I did (with all that I do) was allow the force to express itself through me in a loving way, I would be "saving the world". I do feel that this world needs as much love as it can to help heal all of the wounding that leads to the "trauma" that is perpetuating it. We are creating our own monsters with how we treat each other. If we want to sooth the beast, we need to take the thorn out of our own paw so we can see the light in all things. I have discovered that "gratitude" is an amazingly powerful healing practice.
    • alternatives to Facebook? (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Please tell me more about this?? :D EDIT: I feel like such a boob - Gathered Force Community is in FB :P lol And here I thought it was a Jedi social media thing all on its own :D ahahahaha Umm.....It is....it's own thing....all on its own ;) The Facebook Page is just a platform of connectivity....much like TOTJO's very own facebook page ;) Try putting the words together.....and a .com at the end of those words ;) maybe even add a http://www. before the words.....Warning<-- Kit is being silly gatheredforcecommunity.com/ Hey John! I just got a surprise last night (Like...literally at 1am in the morning....) So I will be focusing on the map again, see if I can't figure out the problem. It's sadly expired on some of the perks so....we shall see. I will figure this out Rawr!!!

There are 755 visitors, 9 guests and 30 members online (one in chat): Br. John, Sarus, Grom Fett, Shadouness, Kitsu Tails, Joe, Connor L., Adder, LTK, isisinabi, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Archaic Smile, Corwinani, Archon, Kamizu, Cyrith, Avalonslight, Calanon, Cristris_Jons, Rocda, Archpoet, TheDude, Adi Vas, Tellahane, herbalc, Corsair Gorscue, adventureexcitement242, Phenix, Eynar, Spartanmeup, AeonicCyrus, Zax, ZenJo, Sparhawk.

Follow Us