Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jediism, connect multiple communitys and orders. [... (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: Jedi Church (New Zealand origin) has no style of Jediism. It's just a place for fellowship and communication. Its not even that believe me. I managed to contact the owner once a couple years ago after about 6 months of trying. Lets not even go there.
    • Return and Confusion (Last post by Silvermane)
    • Thank you TZB and Reliah. I very much look forward to our conversations Reliah. It was something I really enjoyed before and I'm sure I will again. MTFBWY both.
    • An Answer for Unification- please read I know it's... (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • An individual is an individual- but the question isn't how can individual Jedi be taken seriously, it's "How can Jedi be taken seriously". Tell me, if someone that were a Scientologist were to run for office, do you believe people would take him seriously? As it stands, I know a Jedi (he's even got works in the Great Jedi Holocron) that is running for Congress- in order to do our best in supporting him, we've ensured his real life name has been wiped from the records. He has also pulled out of the community since he started down a political path. He is still Jedi in every sense of the word- and only a select few will ever know what he has accomplished as a Jedi. With any luck, maybe one of the old guard will survive him and log the story in our history- who knows it might be me. But don't you think it a bit of a tragedy that by just being affiliated with the community might prevent them from achieving some great things? Things greater than you or me? Or maybe even that a Jedi running for Congress?
    • American Jedi (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • The timing could not have been more perfect. Those who were officially knighted have were all old guard memebers, meaning they have been with the community for years and most of whom set many bench marks for the community as a whole. As his focus is on those people I am sure they had much to say about the community yesterday, today and tommorow. As per myself I am happy to say i did not speak negitive about any individual or group as part of this recording and I am fairly certain that none of the other old guard members did, however there is one person I would have supported should he/she have been outspoken about a certain online community. A lot of tough questions were asked and I am hoping they were answered well by everyone. I for one am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
    • My vision for a United Jedi Order (Last post by Targeran Arynal)
    • Is it generally accepted that justice is a phenomenon specific to human consciousness, or are there arguments that justice is present in higher orders of the universe as well?
    • Discussion 0 - Introduction to the Monomyth (Last post by AlexanderJ.W)
    • Re-read Campbell's four functions of mythology. Now think about a myth which is important to you (feel free to use Star Wars, another example I gave, or any other beloved myth). Does it satisfy the four functions? How so? In the lessons I have been taken we often draw parallels to a book or a movie but what about the latest way to tell a story in the modern world? Video games? Through my whole life I have been playing game after game and I think that most games with a hero is following the monomyth (not including sport or music games) and one of the most popular games which follows the monomyth to the letter is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. According to me when we play a video game we follow the hero on a more emotional level compared to a movie or a book since it is made to make us feel as we ARE the hero. Let’s get to the monomyth stages: (Spoiler alert) 1. As the game begins I’m a boy in the forest who has no idea what’s going on outside the forest but am soon called upon a great quest to save the kingdom from eternal darkness. 2. This is as in most games a pure fight between good and evil and dark and light. And to conquer the evil the here have to slay monsters in temples to awaken his true underlying power to finally defeat evil once and for all. 3. The hero’s positon in the world is mostly known as the hero, because he is wearing clothes from an ancient legend who foretold about a boy in green clothes that is to save the world, so that the people in Hyrule often ask the hero for help. 4. Throughout the game there are different characters to help the hero on his journey but there are two of theme who is with him throughout the game. The first is with the hero at all time and you can talk to him when you are stuck in a riddle or have forgotten what the quest is. And there is one who comes forth to give you a special tool that lets you pass through a special door or teaches you a song to play on the Ocarina to show you the path to follow. Homer wrote the Odyssey around 700BC. George Lucas wrote Star Wars in the 1970s, over 2500 years later. Both were successful in creating enduring, beloved myths. Why do you think both followed the same structure? What does this tell you about the writers? How about the audience? They both follow the same structure because they are the great story teller of their time, and to reach out to audience the writer have to follow the changes in the audience and keep them mesmerized to the story so that we take it in, and can relate to meaning and purpose of the story. The audience need something that they can relate to and that is challenging there view of the world and shows theme something new and unexplored. Read the article what is the Collective Unconscious? How do you feel about it? Does the collective unconscious seem like a realistic idea to you? How does it relate to a belief in the Force? It feels as the article is trying to explain the connections that are between the individuals and the society of today with the past with logic and reason. The unconscious is still a part of the human psyche that is unexplored and cannot be measured with letters and numbers and that which cannot be explained to mankind is often something that most people fear. But we can’t know everything, do we really want to? To me everything is related to the force, to me it feels wrong to say that I believe in the force because since I can feel it I know it is there. Everything is connected so of course we are connected to the past and the past continue to speak to us through the unconscious. The Hero's Journey tells the tale of a single person undergoing challenges and becoming something greater than they were for the benefit of that which they believe in. How does this relate to the Temple of the Jedi Order, and your personal path as a Jedi? As a Novice in the Temple it has thought me in the short time I have been a Jedi to be the best I can be and to not be afraid to walk on paths untraveled. And to have faith in myself and the Force, and through that faith I become stronger. And that is what I believe that what the Temple is all about, to help us be the best we can be, and it is through the journey we become strong not the goal.
    • Course Comms (Last post by tzb)
    • Discussion 0 - Introduction to the Monomyth now available: www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/the-h...tion-to-the-monomyth PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE COURSE COMMS THREAD
    • HAPPINESS (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • Greetings Each Bows Some more :) The Magic Of Positive Thinking/The Power Of The Subconscious Mind The magic of positive thinking is real. Adopting behaviours like positive self talk and daily positive affirmations can change the brain's structure and ultimately influence the subconscious mind. So how does the power of positive thinking work its magic in your mind? Together, the conscious and subconscious minds direct the show that is your life. So altering their function will lead to new and different ways of being. Let's begin with a few definitions: The Subconscious Mind: It's worth noting that the "subconscious mind" I'm speaking of, is what Freud called the "unconscious mind". There is no subconscious mind in psychoanalysis. It is more of a new age, self development term. So when referring to the subconscious mind, I'm talking about that part of the mind that stores feelings, perceptions, complexes, beliefs and desires that are all outside of our conscious awareness, yet have a powerful influence over the actions and behaviours we take in every moment. The unconscious mind is associated with the dreaming, reflecting, meditating and sleeping state. It is intuitive, easily making associations and connections between thoughts, ideas and feelings. It does your perceiving and feeling. The Conscious Mind: The conscious mind is the antithesis of the subconscious mind. It does all of your intellectual thinking. It's the part of your mind responsible for your self-talk, the endless stream of mind chatter that can on occasion almost send you crazy. The conscious mind likes logical order and sequential information. It likes things to make sense, to have reason. At any one time, the conscious mind can manage awareness of about seven or eight bits of information. The Magic Of Positive Thinking: The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind While we like to think we have conscious control over what we attract, what we do in life, and how we behave, the truth is, the subconscious has most of the control. So when you aren't attracting what you want in life, it's an indication that unconsciously you have low expectations for yourself. Even if on a conscious level you make every effort to achieve something, unless your unconscious carries synergistic expectations, then it will be difficult to achieve. The Magic Of Positive Thinking: Programming The Subconscious Mind Information is received by the subconscious mind from the conscious mind. Your conscious mind perceives the world through your senses. It then attaches a judgment to these thoughts that creates a feeling. The feeling is then lodged into your unconscious mind as a belief. Since all of your unconscious beliefs were first conscious thoughts, it stands to reason that you can change or reprogram your subconscious mind by actively adopting new thinking. This is where the magic of positive thinking comes into play! Using The Magic Of Positive Thinking To Impact Your Life Become aware of your negative programming and beliefs. For example, perhaps growing up you were teased (as so many kids are) about a facial feature or your sports ability. And now, no matter what you do, you cannot see yourself as anything but ugly or anything but a klutz. In each of these cases, the negative beliefs you want to reprogram are "I am ugly" and "I am a klutz". Activate the power of positive thinking: start feeding your conscious mind with new beliefs. At this stage, it's not important that you agree with your new belief, what's important is that it's motivating to you and you'd like to believe it to be true. So in each case, the new beliefs you would want to instill in yourself are "I am truly beautiful, inside and out" and "I am good at sports/I am comfortable in my body". Continue feeding your mind stimulus that aligns with these statements. Meditation (especially binaural brain beat meditations and hypnosis are like super vitamins at this.) They help you achieve a relaxed state where its much easier to accept and integrate positive self talk. You can also incorporate positive daily affirmations and visualization exercises to help make change more rapid. Overtime, as you keep feeding yourself new positive stimulus the negative thoughts you've become so used to hearing will become quieter. Through repeated exposure to your new beliefs, you will start to change your perception of yourself in these areas. At first you'll notice the change in small things. Perhaps you'll decide to take up a sport or if you're belief was that you are ugly, perhaps you'll notice that you suddenly feel more sexy and confident and you might start to dress differently to reflect this. The main point to remember is that you can practice the magic of positive thinking in your life by controlling what thoughts you focus on. It's not an over claim to say that positive thinking is one of the best self help solutions available. It can do wonders for your life.
    • How can we be taken seriously? (Last post by Alan)
    • Myth is the narrative embodiment of an idea and the idea I want to discuss here as the essence of Jediism is Source (henceforth capitalized). If I were to suggest a replacement for Jedi, it would be some variation on Source. Each narrative expression is an attempt to mythologize, symbolize and analogize the nature of the Source. The apprehension of the Source is through the categories through which humans perceive the world, but the Source is itself beyond all the categories of thought and language. All things arise from and return to the source; that ubiquitous power that manifests all that is, whatever its title or name (Energy, Shakti, Force, Mana, Being, Wakonda, Void, or God). Each variation of the adventure is an unchosen expression of the unconscious. Each myth of the hero expresses but one grammar, written in our DNA. Each is a particular vocabulary of the infinite combination of possibilities of our shared human embodiment. "And so, to grasp the full value of the mythological figures that have come down to us, we must understand that they are not only symptoms of the unconscious (as indeed are all human thoughts and acts) but also controlled and intended statements of certain spiritual principles, which have remained constant throughout the course of human history as the form and nervous structure of the human physique itself" (Campbell, Hero With a Thousand Faces, 257). The symbolism of mythology has psychological significance, but not only that because its is mediated by our embodiment. Thought and language arise also from our embodiment. Myth, is always more than simply a story, it is a narrative that chronicles the path of the hero traversing a spiritual landscape to find the Source. The hero’s adventure is the rediscovery of the nature of the universe, that is, from whence it comes to us as mediated by our perception. Whether the hero is finding the magical object, arriving at the garden of perfection, drinking the elixir of life, receiving special powers, rescuing those held captive, returning to the lost paradise, or achieving an illuminating insight: she or he is Everyman seeking to know and accept the place of the human being in the cosmos. In it is found the profoundest depths of the human condition. The Source is to be understood as both the essence of the universe and also that of the human reality. Understanding, “emerges from interaction, from constant negotiation with the environment and other people. It emerges in the following way: the nature of our bodies and our physical and cultural environment imposes a structure on our experience…” (Lakoff and Johnson, Metaphors We Live By, 230).
    • Jedi and Padawan in the fictional Star Wars univer... (Last post by Goken)
    • I'd probably pick Obi-Wan. I like his saber style and his personality. You can see his loyalty to his friends while he remains detatched. He was patient and smart, avoided confrontation whenever possible but was no push-over. I almost have to force myself through an episode of the Clone Wars if he's not in it.
    • Jedi Prayers / Psalms / Invocations (Last post by Phortis Nespin)
    • I as the Force (a mantra) I breath in the Force; I breath out the Force I move with the Force; I am motionless with the Force I think with the Force; I am empty with the Force I am Kind with the Force; I am Compassionate with the Force I defend with the Force; I heal with the Force I Serve with the Force; I Love with the Force It is the Light in the Darkness; It is the Darkness in the Light It is All Things; It is Nothing It is Life; It is Lifelessness The Force as I; I as the Force
    • MTG prerelease tonight!!! (Last post by rugadd)
    • I used to be a judge for that. Got $85 store credit for the last few boxes just last week. I just can not afford it anymore. Crack the Gathering for sure.
    • "The Way of the Knight of Jedi Realism" ... (Last post by MJ Hannigan)
    • Quote: That's one of the things I enjoy about you most, Hannigan. I never feel like I have to worry about how your self esteem is doing. When am I going to be a guest on your show? Well i am taking this sunday off from "Jedi Realist Radio Presents" and i will start my new Series next sunday where i will be talking about concepts from Living the Martial Way book. I will give you a outline of dates times and subjects and you are welcome to jump on any show you like. This goes for anyone if you want to call in I would love to have you.

There are 157 visitors, 8 guests and 32 members online (3  are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Alethea Thompson, Angelus, Shadouness, Firewolf, Jestor, Joe, Phortis Nespin, Darren, Desolous, Reliah, Psyddhattha, Proteus, Reacher, Alexandre Orion, MJ Hannigan, ckott, E-3_4L_Teeter, Talariq, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, zeronycon, elizabeth, wesleycook74, Silvermane, tzb, Venator Mortis, jadedbehan, Mathew Erickson, carlos.martinez3, Calanon, Targeran Arynal, Acheron, Revan Falton, mfred3593, Tarran.

Follow Us