Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The World (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: A single person can start a movement and thus make a huge impact on society. History proves this with such examples Bruce Lee, Adolf Hitler and Socrates. Two of these did not start a movement and the third is not a historical figure. The only one of these who can be marginally said to have defined a movement also didn't get to overcome the stubbornness hurdle. If anything, he came to utilize it, escalating a movement of obstinate and inflexible conviction on the one side, and desperate and tired longing on the other, that had been brewing on in the theater centuries before his coming on stage. Quote: ... we need a new system for punishing criminals. No, we don't. We don't need a system for punishing criminals in the first place. First, because punishment is an exercise in essentially revenge. It is a waste of our resources to put them into a mechanism of retribution. Instead we should be concerned with the safety of the rest of the population and the integration of trespassers into roles that are beneficial to themselves and society at large. Punishment should not be a concern for it is unnecessary and thus wasteful. But, more importantly, and necessarily prior, we need a new system for defining what a criminal is. Someone who has done what is of no harm to anything or anyone including themselves and perhaps actually something that does good to himself or others should no longer be classified as a criminal. That is not to say that we should redefine the word to something that doesn't involve law transgression but rather that we should change the law to where it does no longer make criminals out of those who are no threat to anyone or anything. In the same spirit, people who may through negligence or a mistake have let themselves or others come to harm cannot be immediately locked away unless it can be reasonably shown that they are for this reason a noteworthy threat to the well-being of people or integrity of property. Conversely, as you went on to say, people who are less than mostly harmless should not be let loose on the population unchecked and people who are actively and deliberately damaging the lives of others should likewise not be able to do so within the bounds of the law any longer.
    • No inner monologue (Last post by Alan)
    • Is it a monologue? Even when thinking in words (silently in our inner thoughts) are we not talking to ourselves? When we talk to ourselves using our outside voice it is a conversation that we hear. So, a dialogue. Theory: Only a being with a sense of self and language skills can have an inner dialogue. Younger children do not have this inner dialogue because they have not yet developed a sense of self, even if they do have language skills Suggested reading: Consciousness and the Acquisition of Language, Maurice Merleau-Ponty. Also of interest: The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes. Before the form of consciousness that we now experience developed (evolved), ancient persons thought their inner dialogue was actually someone else talking to them. The silent voice of perhaps, a god or other invisible being.
    • Changes to Simple Oath Wording (Last post by Edan)
    • You can take the oath whenever you want, but it is no longer a requirement for membership that you have done it. If you wish to become an apprentice however, you must have taken the oath when you complete the IP (you can take it when you're done).
    • Politics Everywhere? (Last post by Akkarin)
    • If politics is a form of agreed social management then it seems to me that animals do have politics, though of course not nearly as complex as ours (though maybe ours isn't even as complex as we seem to think it is?). Either way having something such as an Alpha male is a "kind" of political arrangement, alphas even have to occasionally fend off competitors from the same tribe looking to supplant them. The idea that the strongest (typically male) member of that group is the leader has only recently been abandoned, to some degree, in western history.
    • Sharing a locker room with a transgender (Last post by Garrat)
    • If one is searching other bodies for details, then they themselves dont know their way. not looking is respect, respect beacuse "why U looking so hard, you tripping" tripping becasue U aint in reality.
    • Temple Of The Jedi Order: Church Of Jediism - Ital... (Last post by Malmu89)
    • Traduzione e adattamento della pagina: www.templeofthejediorder.org/ordermembership DIVENTARE UNO JEDI Diventare un membro del sito non è la stessa cosa che diventare un membro del Tempio Jedi. Un utente registrato sul sito web è considerato un "ospite" fino a quando non diventa un membro. Un membro o "Membro del Tempio" è uno Jedi legalmente riconosciuto dal Tempio dello Jedi. Gli Jedi soddisfano i seguenti criteri: • Uno Jedi crede nella Forza. La forza risiede dentro di voi, vi circonda e scorre attraverso di voi; • Uno Jedi accetta i nostri insegnamenti e la nostra Dottrina che servono come guida spirituale per lo Jedi. Si può credere anche ad altre convinzioni spirituali (religioni) oltre a essere uno Jedi; • Uno Jedi ha completato la domanda di adesione. Inoltre consigliamo vivamente di leggere attentamente le FAQ che dovrebbe rispondere ad alcune domande che potreste avere. Se hai tra i tredici (13) e diciotto (18) anni non sei ancora idoneo a essere un membro ufficiale della nostra Chiesa e della comunità. Tuttavia, siccome sei considerato un minore è necessario che leggi le FAQ - Gioventù e seguire le istruzioni in esso indicate. Per diventare un membro dell'Ordine (Membro del Tempio) è necessario completare la domanda di adesione (compilando l'apposito form). La vostra domanda sarà esaminata dal Vice Presidente degli Affari dei Membri e, se necessario, dal Consiglio del TOTJO. E' raro per il nostro ordine rifiutare una richiesta di adesione, tuttavia, il processo di approvazione a volte può richiedere un paio di settimane. Nel frattempo vi consigliamo di presentarvi e di partecipare con discussioni sul forum, dandoci l'opportunità di conoscerti meglio. Puoi iniziare la formazione anche se non abbiamo ancora processato la tua domanda. Nel frattempo che il vostro status nella barra (il disegno sotto il nome) è Guest (Ospite) sarete solo in grado di rispondere ai messaggi nel sub-forum Jedismo. C'è anche un forum aperto a tutti che potete utilizzare in cui TUTTI possono commentare e scrivere discussioni fino a quando la domanda di adesione non sarà approvata e il vostro status nella barra del rango non cambierà in Membro del Tempio.
    • Jedi Community Action Group (Last post by Vagabond)
    • From dicitonary.reference.com: Quote: noun, ( used with a singular or plural verb) 1. the science or art of political government. 2. the practice or profession of conducting political affairs. 3. political affairs: The advocated reforms have become embroiled in politics. 4. political methods or maneuvers: We could not approve of his politics in winning passage of the bill. 5. political principles or opinions: We avoided discussion of religion and politics. His politics are his own affair. 6. use of intrigue or strategy in obtaining any position of power or control, as in business, university, etc. 7. (initial capital letter, italics) a treatise (4th century b.c.) by Aristotle, dealing with the structure, organization, and administration of the state, especially the city-state as known in ancient Greece. Quote: adjective 1. of, relating to, or concerned with politics : political writers. 2. of, relating to, or connected with a political party: a political campaign. 3. exercising or seeking power in the governmental or public affairs of a state, municipality, etc.: a political machine; a political boss. 4. of, relating to, or involving the state or its government: a political offense. 5. having a definite policy or system of government: a political community. 6. of or relating to citizens: political rights. Quote: I reckon politics is about policy outcomes more then policy discussion or lobbying. The actual making of decisions and writing the wording of the policy. I think that is inherently going to create division - but I'm not suggesting that's what the CAG is about or anything, just reflecting on how I see politics. There are heaps of things the community needs action on!!!! So still reflecting on politics, the reason things require written rules is usually because people disagree and something needs to be laid out for everyone to follow - usually a compromise, but often more about strategy towards sustainable growth. I guess the only angle I'd be interested in is if it was that pure middle way approach, defining the fence so other people can decide where they sit, base diplomacy of determining the spectrum of rational thought and designing a position which takes the most inclusive yet functional mechanism as a balanced position. Though the results would often not be related to the Jedi way I'd imagine, but it could be seen as a service of the Jedi way, if that makes any sense. If it did align, then I guess the policy discussion could be taken to the next level and become policy production and subsequent lobbying. I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said 'people will either govern themselves or choose to be governed'. Laws/rules are just a methodology of doing that. Notice many semi-sentient species work just fine without laws/rules. The Jedi Way in its strictest form tends to advocate not becoming involved in national/international government except as counselors and guides. However given Rosalyn's groups focus on internal government, that certainly does apply for Jedi, except that as an independent group, it might have some difficulty with that. Quote: One thing I dislike about politics where I live is the uninformed lobbying - basically cheerleading of supported, and bullying of opposition parties. So if instead the intention is to focus on lobbying for the opinion of a group of Jedi, then its not so much my thing as I tend to think often the better outcomes are more often the less popular ones - 'gasp', I do though defer to the diplomatic mechanism Hehehe. There's good and bad in all things. Science, for example, can be used to advance our knowledge and improve quality of life, or it can be used to mutate, deform, etc. The same is true of politics-you get the people who work for mutual self-growth, and then you get those who use politics and government for there own ends.
    • Stupidity as a religion... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • "im not just the president, im also a client" another issue this will affect is bathroom choice for transgenders this is why being offended is not an apporopriate justification for social regulation because it cuts all ways and it never ends we all suffer eventually everything offends someone
    • Making of a Jedi Warrior (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • a common translation of JUSTU is technique a common translation of DO is way ju is basically translated as gentle and aiki is translated as harmony so ju jutsu would be the techniques of gentleness and ju do would be the Way of gentleness aiki jutsu are the techniues of harmony and aiki do the Way of harmony the important distinction here is not about which style to train in one may walk a JUTSU path with WAY mentality or study a DO system with a TECHNIQUE perspective the importance is in understanding the distinction between the ideas and the function that each serves in the development of the warrior archetype to be good with a rifle or with a scalpel is a soldiers skill or a surgeons skill these are the JUTSU of a soldier or a surgeon and represent types of personal excellence to be fully commited to the development of ones skills and to being of the greatest service to ones field and through ones field, society or the rest of the world these represent the Do or the Way and are matters of personal character character in and of itself represents a type of skill and will invariable lead to the development of further skills skill by itself only perpetuates itself so the foundations of a solid warrior are first and foremost issues of character each individual has a unique blend of natural talent/potential and developed skill/competence in any given area the bridge between the two is character character is a result of commitment to excellence and respect for essential human dignity in the long run, the most effective people - in or out of the military - are the ones with the greatest commitment and the finest character it is an honor to follow a person of exceptional character, whatever the occupational field and it is shameful to follow a person of low character under any circumstances so the Way of the warrior is to cultivate personal character and dignity and the Jutsu of the warrior is to cultivate personal excellence and competence it is the love of dignity which translates these into the actual WARRIOR ethos because neither skill nor character per se result in courage but when character is infused with dignity it will not back down or give in to that which assaults dignity this is the type of courage that changes the world Dr King is an example of a totally non violent interpretation of the warrior archetype what made him remarkable is that he had that blend of character and competence and love of dignity he was not at war with anyone or anything- to think he was at war with racism or "the system" is to misunderstand his was a warriors mission of empowerment the kind of empowerment that only comes from the love of dignity
    • TotJO (Last post by Adder)
    • Yea, there are Jedi here who work with dark and light, and shadows and grey concepts, but like with a lot of the fiction - its not forced here onto people to become attached to something from the fiction (except maybe the 'Force' but that is open to interpretation?). I tend to view TOTJO as being less prescriptive in its approach for Jedi, where some other groups tend to focus on specific elements of the fiction to define their approach (sometimes for functional reasons and sometimes just for identity issues), we let the individual use what they want to work with, so long as it does not conflict with the spirit of the doctrine. The IP, Degree and Clerical Programs here do provide specific guidance, but its not based in the fiction so much, rather its to assist Jedi in how to best experience their Jedi path without actively prescribing to them what that path should be. This to me is the most inclusive method, as it not only allows people from other groups to enjoy the Temple, but it does still allow for like minded Jedi to form working groups or projects along cultural or functional approaches anyway. Thus the Temple grows based on the members interests and activity, rather then their adherence to its particular interpretation of the fiction (because we don't prescribe it). That's my personal view on it, hope I didn't confuse the issue for you :huh:

There are 254 visitors, 12 guests and 38 members online (none in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Shadouness, RyuJin, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Kitsu Tails, LTK, Darren, Gisteron, Proteus, V-Tog, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Metsu Desal, Llama Su, Kamizu, Nicole Judge, Edan, Wudan, a67, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, Goken, GalUnDrux, Jeffery Williams, Tarran, Slebo, Tk768, OB1Shinobi, Ramadeus, Quaesitor Veritatis, Atticus509, abeck1713, Krieger, The Penguin, Oakenshaw, nceliko1, Mhall, Winston, bloodx, Maverick Grey, Jeppy.

Follow Us