Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Thoughts of a simple man (Last post by MikeBudo)
    • What to do when things go wrong Given the choice, we probably would want to be in control of everything that happens in our lives. That’s why we make plans. From short-term to medium-term to long-term plans, we have ideas of what we want to happen, where we want to be, and what we want to be doing at certain points in our lives. Unfortunately, that’s not how it goes. When your world spirals out of control, you have two choices: 1.Allow yourself to get caught in the whirlpool of panic and/or depression. 2.Take a deep breath and do these three simple things that will help you regain a semblance of control, and get through the bad situation – maybe not totally unscathed, but definitely better. Recognize that every problem has a solution. It’s a universal truth. No matter what problem you are facing, no matter how desperate your situation may seem, no matter how much your world spirals out of control, there is always a solution. There may even be more than one solution, and it may be a matter of finding the best one. First, though, you have to get out of that downward spiral, and acknowledge that there is, indeed, a solution to your problem/s. Once you’re in that mindset, you empower yourself. You reject the notion of being a victim, and instead you give yourself a degree of control over what happens next. Don’t allow your mind go around in circles. We sometimes have have a mind where we see past – and future – events over and over again. When in a bad situation, that mind tends to go haywire, replaying scenes which are probably better forgotten or put aside. If you keep replaying those scenes – past and future – you give your mind the permission to go around in circles, which does not get you anywhere. Thinking these thoughts will only add to your agitation, muddle your mind even more, and not really help you find a solution. So, instead of giving your mind free reign, why not take a moment (for however as long that moment needs to be), and stop going around in circles. Instead, go back to the first point, and find a workable solution. Accept how things are. Acceptance is the key to clarity of mind, and eventually solutions. When your world spins out of control, there are probably factors which you have no power over. Accept that fact instead of fighting it and wallowing in thoughts such as, “Why is this happening?” What you can do instead is to accept the situation. Accept that there is nothing you can do about certain things, but that you have power over what you do, how you react, and how you execute the solution to your problems. When our world spins out of our control, we still have the power to determine how we react; and how we react can make the difference between losing it and making it through. Your choice. Now, back to you: What do you do when your world spins out of control? Ki Guide and protect
    • What do you get out of magic/k? (Last post by Zenchi)
    • First of all, how do you define magic/k? That question will largely influence as well as determine what an practitioner gets out of it. For me, it has become intrinsic to being alive. I have found after nearly thirty years of study, practice and exploration that the most powerful magic is rooted in self transformation, and should be associated with psychology...
    • Jedi creed (doubt and faith) (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • doubt~faith : coincidentia oppositorum : faith~doubt This is another of those instances where one implies the other ; if you have one, you have both. The question is how much balance we can bring to them ... We get pretty wrapped up in to dichotomous thinking which leads to a sort of rational manicheism whereby one is lead to believe that herein is a conflict in which one is good, the other bad and one (preferably the good) must defeat the other. This is not really the case : we need both doubt and faith in appropriate measure (but let's not try to actually measure them). Alan generously points out that there are variant kinds of doubt. This is true. Whereas methodical doubt is very practical and useful, the scientific method relies upon it and one would not be able to use discernment or discrimination without it, there is also the doubt that arises where there has been no - or very badly done - discernment nor discrimination (irrational fear). Doubt is the receptacle into which faith can be poured, yet as with pouring a cup of tea where there is no cup, free flowing faith without a degree of doubt to receive it makes a mess. Whereby irrational doubts are easily recognisable as nearly paralysing handicap, so is irrational faith. Nevertheless, they must go together as a relationship of coincidentia oppositorum. Reason cannot reason its own reasonableness ; we cannot through logic itself arrive at the conclusion that logic is sufficient. We intuit that. Since we must doubt our certainties and yet at the same time have faith in our capacity to explore and manipulate (manipulate in its positive sense : to be able to use) our environment, then re-doubt how we decide to use it, to what ends and so forth, we see that we need both ... Ergo, 'Where there is doubt, (I shall bring) faith ;' then, suggests that I, as an instrument of peace, come to bring these into balance -- the balance in situational appropriateness. An example : my friends have enjoyed two or three lovely bottles of wine and in the resulting gaiety, decide what a fine thing it would be to go down to the river and have a swim. I must dissuade them from doing something quite dangerous by bringing enough doubt where there is too much faith ... Yet, I do this from faith.
    • The Code(s) (Last post by Reacher)
    • I don't worry too much over either. I try not to focus on the grammar and literal implications of each, but what they point us toward. That said, whichever is the clearer guidepost - follow. Just remember to attend the path, not the post.
    • FAQ Update (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Apprenticeship: Quote: 9. What does apprenticeship involve? An Apprentice is an Initiate who has been taken on by a current Teaching Master and is receiving personal teaching and guidance. The Teaching Master will teach that person until Knighthood. The minimum time for training is 6 months. The Council will organize a knighting ceremony Once the apprentice has completed the A.Div a and is considered ready by their teaching master. An initiate must be at least 16 years old before being considered for apprenticeship. Quote: 9. What does apprenticeship involve? An Apprentice is an Initiate who has been taken on by a current Teaching Master and is receiving personal teaching and guidance. The Teaching Master will teach that person until Knighthood. The minimum time for training is 6 months. Once the apprentice has completed the A.Div a and is considered ready by their teaching master they will be interviewed by a member of the Council and if the interview is successful a ceremony will be organised to officially promote them to the rank of Knight. An initiate must be at least 16 years old before being considered for apprenticeship. Read more Instances of FaQ were changed to FAQ (correct abbreviation) Multiple minor stylistic changes at the beginning of the document.
    • Recurring Dreams (Last post by Streen)
    • I'm not sure I have recurring dreams, but I do have recurring themes. Like not being able to find a bathroom, missing my bus, being late for a class, can't remember my locker combination... I'm not a high school student, but the impression of it has dug deep into my subconscious.
    • Pathfinder (D&D) Tabletop Campaign (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: As these type games are very "hero adventure-esqe", I hope that the quandaries and difficult decisions are discussed sidebar (think, what would a Jedi do? what would a Dark Jedi do, what would a [fictional] Sith do)... Jestor you should play role-playing games...
    • Yoga (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Contemporary Yoga might have taken a lot of the poses and used them for flexibility and exercise uses, where a hold might relieve the tension more effectively then a moment in movement into and out of a stretched position. That's my thoughts on it. Some positions I see in videos etc are held, but in classes they are all held. I wonder if perhaps it is a country thing, I am in the UK for classes but all videos I see are American. Cultural difference in interpretation maybe? Probably everyone is a bit different. Video's might be instructional and therefore hold positions a bit longer to demonstrate better for the audience. Also some people do Yoga as a calisthenics type of exercise which seem not to hold at all, almost like a cardio exercise banging out reps of full range motion!! For introductory Yoga it seems usual to approach a position and not reach it due to inflexibility, and then hold it a bit to help stretch out the muscles, fascias, ligaments etc as a way to get better at Yoga and improve flexibility more generally. I think there are benefits to that, as sometimes pain can be associated to imbalances in different muscles groups or stress etc. It is not my area though, its just a hobby my partner 'puts me through' occasionally. :S :)

There are 162 visitors, 8 guests and 31 members online (one is in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, RyuJin, Jestor, ren, Nakis, Phortis Nespin, Adhara, Reliah, Psyddhattha, Proteus, Reacher, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, MCSH, Buvan, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, zeronycon, Obi-Wan Lightheart, Cyrith, Edan, Zenchi, jadedbehan, Trice Corbel, Mathew Erickson, crystale, Mad1996, Cabur Senaar, KalSterner, porkapon763, Targeran Arynal, Tmabbc, Zephyr Amazon, Acheron, Alex Villa.

Follow Us