Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Poem: The art of writing without words (Last post by Aqua)
    • The art of writing without words: My dear, my love how do i write write without a paper, word or pen write without a goal nor sin feeling bleeding searching scratch scratch scratch where do I add my poem? forum wide O o O nowhere a place to go? 0 1 0 1 scratch scratch scratch building a section down below? O o O Spoiler: Dear Jedi, I have been meditating the last days about questions, about how to make a question. and found a weird feeling of writing a poem. I was wondering, if I have no question, why not ask how to write words that make questions to turn the question inside out! :woohoo: but I did not know good subject. I was wondering if there is a place on the forum that dedicated only to poems. And if it would be an idea to add an poem section, maybe using the classifications? I wonder if one of more people find this intresting. Adding poems to Jediism as a keystone for lessons. Leaving the lesson itself hidden in the poem as a way of expression. Or.. if there is already a Poem section on the forum.. Please guide me :blush: May the force be with us all, ~ Aqua
    • Live Service : Monday, 25 May - 18:00 UTC (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: My apologies for missing it at the last moment. :( A small poem to let go, have no worries ;) ~Aqua ______________________ I am nobody! Who are you? Are you - Nobody - Too? Then there is a pair of us! Do not Tell! advertice - you know! How dreary - to be - Somebody! How public - like a Frog - To tell one his name - the livelong June - To an admiring Bog! - Emily Dickinson ______________________ [image]
    • Nature - Animals (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • oh thats just awesome! oatmeal is new to me and very cool mucho gracias amigo and mantis shrimps are like dc comics answer to sponge bob square pants
    • Higher Education (Last post by LuCrae Jiddu)
    • Morning Locksley, I attended one of the top public universities in the US, often calling itself a public ivy. I transferred in after attending two junior/community colleges and found the studying to be of a much higher quality, yet still not living up to the navel gazing standards claimed. Some of my classes did not seem worth the thousands of dollars I was spending for each credit. However, many of my classes expanded my horizons giving me new perspectives on life or new life skills I now apply at work. Ultimately, I think most of us would agree that college seems too expensive for the material gained, but with that said, would also agree that college has opened many doors previously closed off. Be mindful of your purpose for attending; some attend for careers, others for personal growth. The cost/benefit may come down to your choice of subject area, depending on your reason for attending. It sounds like you are in the same situation I was with little outside money to help, and the majority of payment coming from grants, scholarships, and financial aid (debt). That is ok, repayment is based on income and often gives 20-30 to repay. Don't squander your time, enjoy your studies, broaden your horizon, and for the love of God try to study abroad or get a good internship and you'll do great things. EDIT: As far as grad school, is the school you are thinking of attending accredited? This plus your GRE, GMAT, LSAT etc (depending on area of study and school applying to) are the most important factors in the grad school accepting your undergraduate studies. I wouldn't worry too much about the grad school 'respecting' your undergraduate school of choice. Here is some anecdotal evidence. My cousin, a beautiful mind to say the least, knew he wanted to get into theoretical physics in high school. So, his dad being a teacher connected him with one of the better schools in the area's physics department for a guidance discussion. While talking with the professor, my cousin was told, "don't worry about where you get your BS, just worry about how well you do." He took this to heart, stayed close to his family so he could focus on studying, got through Calc 5 (a foreign language I'm pretty sure) and graduate with top honors; this all from a smaller school in Bellingham WA that hardly anyone outside of the PNW has heard of. Upon graduation my cousin was offered a few job opportunities, but decided to forego them for the all expenses paid graduate program at OSU where he know studies and researches high level nano physics. He didn't go to MIT or Standford, but still ended up doing what he loves because he focused on the important aspects of his education, the quality, his grades.
    • Ratcliffe, Adder, Apprenticeship, 2015 (Last post by Aqua)
    • May the joy of learning strengthen your bond, I hope that the lessons you two will discover will strengthen the temple. So may the force be with us. Congratulations Ratcliffe and Adder. ~ Aqua
    • To the Fatty on the Track (Last post by ren)
    • "baking soda" is sodium bicarbonate, and as the name suggests, it's high in sodium. Only people on a very tightly controlled diet can possibly benefit from it, and then again it could only possibly be in small quantities, and the people in question would be athletes under the supervision of a doctor. Most people (including the fat ones who need a machine to breathe at night) do not need such a strong acidity regulator. You're better off using it as a fire extinguisher or to clean the toilet. Swimming is an excellent way of building lean muscle. Eat fruit/veg/meats. Need to bulk up? Farmers use steroids on their livestock. You could add weights to that. Thing is though, fat people already are quite strong, and already burn more calories than their slimmer counterparts in everyday activities. A 70 kg guy lifting 20kg weights on barbell squats is doing a significantly weaker workout than a 120kg fatty doing plain squats.
    • Best martial art? (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: As a general rule I try to stay out of these discussions, but this one has dragged on and on for quite a while now. There is no best martial art. The problems people have with any art of this nature, lies within their own understanding of the arts. The art is not the problem, the way they use it is. The amount of training they actually put into it is. It doesn't matter if you have a blackbelt in any of these systems of fighting, if you don't actually know how to defend yourself. There is a huge differemce between a mat and a bunch of rules designed to keep people safe, and an actual fight. I'm worthless on a mat in a tournament, but I can hold my own and often protect myself out on the streets better than most people who have any kind of rank in any system. You can always learn from everyone, on any thing, and when it comes to fighting, the whole reason for martial arts, is to not fight. That is the ultimate aim of the study of these arts. ~Calanon If I may be so free, why would someone learn marterial arts, if he/she is learning to never use it? It sounds like a contradiction. I feel confused.. :blush: All the founders of the arts taught them as a method to keep peace. They train to reach the point where they don't have to fight. They are taught for self discipline, self respect, respect of others, health, etc.. I do not take pride in my ability to be violent. I'm really good at it. But The only reason I have ever felt the need to use it is for defense of myself and my family. I abhor violence, and wish for peace, but you can't just have peace by avoiding violence. Sometimes you have to use it. It is a sad day when you have to. But sometimes it is necessary. Read The Art of Peace by Morihei Ueshiba. I have trained for many years in several arts of budo and kobudo, but the more I learned the more emotional I developed.. I do not wish to fight or hit anyone ever again. Fighting gives me not so happy feelings, makes me a feeling like hurting people for selfish reasons. I have respect for you that you are capable to do it, not every person is the same. And I guess the world needs a little bit of everything.. :unsure: Thank you for your explanation.
    • saber build (Last post by RyuJin)
    • as long as they're mhs parts they're interchangeable...and now saberforge is making their hilts and electronics modular...which means more options for customizability...

There are 979 visitors, 9 guests and 50 members online (4  in chat): Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Shadouness, Firewolf, Jestor, Connor L., Adder, Proteus, Locksley, Reacher, Xaii, Alexandre Orion, Alan, Archon, Kamizu, LuCrae Jiddu, Edan, Avalonslight, Zenchi, Pyrus Erath, efuller18, Venator Mortis, Junlaa, Calanon, Cabur Senaar, Radar6590, Cristris_Jons, Goken, GalUnDrux, Jeffery Williams, Faol, Rocda, Tk768, Hitira38, Atticus509, Krieger, asteropos, MaGnA CrYsTaL, WayneTec, Competent, Protonix, Adi Vas, CryojenX, MicMart, Blind, Ana Karen Po, Midas.

Follow Us