Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What is TOTJO? (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: My only problem with this is that you seem to consider someone a Jedi just because they say, "I'm a Jedi." If someone claims to be Christian but then says that they don't believe that Christ actually died on the cross and that he was not resurrected, then they aren't Christian. The problem with this argument is that it hinges on definitions we don't have yet, as a community. It's easy to point at someone who doesn't believe Christ died on the cross for the remission of sins, or refuses to follow his teachings, and say "they're not a Christian." Why? Because the definition of Christianity, in Christian scriptures, revolves around the Christ. That's an easy pick, it's rather black-or-white at that point, on that issue. Jediism doesn't have that. At all. There is no concensus among the Jedi community except an eternally vague "belief in the Force."
    • Definitions? (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: The Specifications of Standardizing was meant (In theory) to be Community Wide. During these meetings representatives from All of the communities would be there to define an "Overall" Standard. What is the point? Good questions....which is why there has been no success so far. In the end, you will always have those few who rush off and do their own thing anyways. Until we can all learn to play together, we will never have a community wide set of standards. Can we not all "play together" without adopting a one size fits all standardization? There has been no success because people will always hold differing beliefs. And Success will be shortlived if it ever happens. Quote: So yes. I am afraid of TotJO becoming the flag bearer. There are quite a few good communities and groups out there asides for this place, they should be given their chance as much as TotJO has theirs. Is this why some other members try so hard to get TOTJO to conform to their definitions. Being afraid of TOTJO? The existence of TOTJO does not prevent communities from "having their chance", and I think the assumption that people cant find out about other groups is unfounded. I came to TOTJO first, explored other communities, and still chose to stay here. Why do you think it is that TOTJO remains the flag bearer? Quote: I realize that TotJO "Will allow" but when you read the context in their pages it does sound very strict and one directional to the Church only. This goes back to my "Cosmetic" complaints of how some things are worded and displayed here. Things here are worded in the way they are because it is currently convenient, for us. Things evolve all the time. And it is "directional" because TOTJO can only be a representative of what IT represents Why do you put "will allow" in inverted commas. Quote: No? You don't think the Initates Program. Clergy. Knights. and Sermens are not all apart of defining and standardizing what Temple of the Jedi Order stands for? It seems that way to me, and from what I have seen just of recent...many feel the same way. No actually, I dont. The purpose of most of the training here is to learn how to consider the world from different perspectives. There is no hard and fast "this is what you must think". Which is why there are arguments, if there was no freedom, people would be shut down and banned almost daily. Myself included :whistle: Instead, we are asked to learn how to deal with and accept differing view points. Quote: Many of the older members here will repeatedly say how things are "Open" and "Free" here. But the structure of the website itself. The APPERANCE of it gives a different feeling. Many of the outside communities give off the APPEARANCE of just being role players. I realize that it not the case, but thats how it looks. I'm sure you can understand the value of not being judged by appearance alone.
    • American men, American media, and the villificatio... (Last post by Oneiros)
    • Quote: I think the main concern is about young boys being harmed. The asumption that young boys are being "harmed" by this is wrong because the basis for that article and that line of thinking is also wrong. The sort of paranoia that that article is based on and promotes is not healthy or helpful to righting any of the imagined wrongs that it claims to point out.
    • Taoism (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • This is for Alexandre. We spoke in chat the other day and I didn't have the likn available to show him; www.taowoods.org/quote/index.htm Enjoy
    • Forum Access Changes (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Feel free to be dissapointed all you would like. Throw a temper tantrum too if you wish. While you do, we will still be here getting things done to improve matters just as we always have. This does not entail dismissing anybody, however those who scream and cry because everything did not happen the way they demanded will only be making things harder on themselves to be thoroughly considered. Going into threads protesting that the knights and council are all dismissive has no constructive basis and only contributes to the already existing conflicts that we are trying to settle. Seems strongly worded, maybe out of frustration? I'm not happy about this anymore now than I was when it first came out but I'm letting go of it. Maybe some/most of us should let this thread rest, take some time for the water to settle down and the air to clear? Peace :)
    • Course Comms (Last post by tzb)
    • Discussion 6 - The Road of Trials now available: www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/the-h...6-the-road-of-trials PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE COURSE COMMS THREAD

There are 149 visitors, 7 guests and 36 members online (5  are in chat): Br. John, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Firewolf, Jestor, Jedi_Roz, Karn, Kitsu Tails, Lightstrider, Nakis, Connor L., Learn_To_Know, Darren, Proteus, rugadd, Rosalyn J, Alan, Arcade, Brenna, Llama Su, Kamizu, Avalonslight, Silvermane, tzb, Pyrus Erath, Mathew Erickson, carlos.martinez3, Cabur Senaar, SeventhSL, Goken, Korund Uku Luleko, Acheron, Revan Falton, Oneiros, Exarchias, j.ezra, dhaughewald, danielhwhite, Damianmarcos.

Follow Us