Well, if you believe in the living force, as in a life-force that is within all living beings, then you must acknowledge that to kill an animal is to kill their life-force prematurely. Given our modern understanding of human physiology, it is entirely possible, even desirable, to have a diet completely free of animal meat. The industrial food system is so cruel and so horrific in its treatment of animals. It never asks the question: 'Should a pig be allowed to express its pig-ness?'
If we fail to appreciate the soul that Easternism gives us, then what we have is a disconnected, Greco-Roman, Western, egocentric, compartmentalized, reductionist, fragmented, linear thought process that counts on cleverness.
1. Celestine Prophecy - James Redfield
2. The Way of the Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman
3. Conversations with God - Neale Donald Walsch
4. Fatherland - Robert Harris
5. The Final Blackout - L. Ron Hubbard
6. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant series - Stephen R. Donaldson
7. The Elenium series - David Eddings
8. Band of Brothers - Stephen E. Ambrose
9. Patriots - James Wesley Rawles
10. The Bible - King James version
There shall be a Live Service, held in the TotJO chat on Sunday, 15 December at 21:00 UTC.
I apologise for the announcement coming later than usual.
It will be nice to see as many of you there as can make it.
Merci, mon maître! et vous avez de bonnes raisons pour le retard!
voilà je répondez-toi s'il te plaît
Many people who are usually drawn to these philosophical forums go through what Lisa describes as the Intelligence/Hapiness relationship:
It took me quite a few years, but luckily I was able to shrug off taking myself to seriously, otherwise I would have ended up like Kurt Cobain. This is a video that I think illustrates things well:
We have 288 visitors, 5 guests and 12 members online (one is in chat):
War Beauty, Br. John, Jestor, 666, Proteus, Luthien, scott777ab, MCSH, Khaos, Llama Su, Kamizu, butterfly, Avalonslight, Silvermane, tzb, Shinzen.