Computer stuff....

Moderators: Adder, Adhara
  • Page:

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 15:07 #58026

sent an email with further pleas..LOL

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 15:46 #58030

thanks for trying...it must be a sign....
:(

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 15:48 #58031

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Ill get it... DOing multiple things...;)

getting caught up on applications atm...:silly:
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 16:00 #58032

• ren
  • ID: 4418
Jestor can you post that picture here?
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 16:31 #58041

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
mail.jpg

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

Last Edit: 27 Apr 2012 16:40 by Jestor.

Re: Computer stuff.... 30 Apr 2012 21:55 #58434

:cheer: THANK YOU!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Re: Computer stuff.... 30 Apr 2012 21:58 #58435

• Jestor
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
That was all ren....;)...

He's so goooood!!!

Re: Computer stuff.... 01 May 2012 00:15 #58458

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
Excellent!

Anyone who does not have the free Irfanview can get it here www.irfanview.com/ .
Founder of The Order
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Zen Pencils (Last post by Invictus)
    • I love Zen-Pencils! Especially the drawing with Allan Watts. It's deep...and so true! :)
    • Going on a Trip (Last post by tzb)
    • And also with you. Safe trip, Silver and Mrs Silver :)
    • Drone Operators with PTSD (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Actually, the CIA is not an accurate judge either- NO ONE is, which is why it is speculation on both sides. You're doing nothing more than spreading propaganda. As a Jedi, is it not a tenet that we seek out accurate information? Doing a search on the internet, all anyone can find is speculation of what has occurred. UAV operators don't even have the closure to know whether or not they have taken out an innocent life because of the lack of data that can be accurately ascertained from the region and their attacks beyond what is told to them by intelligence analysts. Can the government be trusted on such matters- I'm not saying they can be. But equally- can any media be trusted either? It's just as much no as it is for the government. It's all about what makes the headlines and what people want to push on their own agendas. We have no idea who's right and who is wrong on this- so it is best to simply leave it at that, rather than push what you want to be true. (oddly posted that just before I read my husband's facebook page which he said in response to your post- which is as follows) "If you want to assert the truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true." -Neil Degrasse Tyson As it pertains to the sovereignty of Pakistan- I won't argue that point- as I happen to agree. I just don't like poor research and propoganda fear-mongering which has no support. And in this case, you have as much support for your statement as the CIA has on it's own statement : None.
    • MJ Hannigan (Last post by Silvermane)
    • An old Druid proverb states that you can ask 3 bards to tell you the same tale and they will give you 4 different versions. Perspective is always the center of attention. What we understand and have learned at this Temple is slightly to really different that what someone else learns at a different Temple or Order. As Jedi we preach about being open minded and accepting of others, but if we start showing acceptance to those who only practice our ways, than we aren't open or accepting, we are simply just another popularity contest. I do not believe that and I know each and every one of you don't believe that either. We are Jedi. We stand for what we believe in: The Way of the Jedi. It is something we ALL want. Something we ALL strive for. It doesn't matter what the training looks like because everyone is different, therefore training is different for everyone. As for Mr. Hannigan, I took the facts that he himself posted and displayed them all together and he said that he did not care. I believe this is true, regardless if he feels remorse or not. He was asked multiple times to stop the personal attacks and the rude behavior and he chose not too. I am all for second chances, third chances, fifteenth chances. Read through my journal, you'll see what I mean. But with each chance I give, I also make sure people understand that my trust will take longer and longer to get back. Giving Mr Hannigan a month to think about what he has done and hopefully learn some respect and acceptance for ALL who strive to be Jedi would be an acceptable punishment for his behavior and the fact this is not the first time. I will always extend my hand to someone in friendship and be willing to help them out, but they also have to be willing to help themselves first. As I said before, I believe he has great potential and that he could be just as great as any one of us as long as he is willing to humble himself and accept others for who and what they are. It is a simple thing to do, but not always easy when we are set in our ways. It is all a simple choice: accept and respect or judgment and disrespect. I do not speak out of anger or any other emotions. I speak the truth as an unbiased Jedi would when presented with the information that we have all seen. Take it as you like and May the Force be with you all.
    • On Self Knowledge (and The Jedi Path) (Last post by Br. John)
    • On Self-Knowledge - Kahlil Gibran Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in thought. You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams. And it is well you should. The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea; And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes. But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure; And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line. For self is a sea boundless and measureless. Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth." Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path." For the soul walks upon all paths. The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed. The soul unfolds itself like a lotus of countless petals.
    • Where is the line between freedom of speech... (Last post by Akkarin)
    • Quote: The working definition of a religion in my World Religions college course is from Invitations to World Religions, Brodd, Little, et al, Oxford University Press. "Religion is a cultural system integrating teachings, practices, modes of experience, institutions, and artistic expression that relates people to what they perceive to be transcendent" (page 9). I can't find the quote right now but Ninian Smart in "The Religious Experience" I think says that arguably there is no such thing as "religion" there are only the "religions". The outline of his point is below: What he means by this is that "religion" is a term given from the "outside" by people trying to classify what they think constitutes Christianity (or whichever religion) and then calling it Christianity. The "religions" on the other hand are instead that which people decide to call their faith (or whatever it is). This is essentially switching the focus from an outsider look in and saying "this is the name of what you're doing" to the religious person themselves saying "this is the name I give to what I'm doing". What does this mean for what is a religion or not a religion? It means that what the person is doing is a religion if they believe that what they are doing is religious. Is Buddhism a religion or a philosophical way of life? That depends on whether the Buddhist considers what they are doing to be religious or not.
    • helping the homeless (Last post by Brenna)
    • Quote: It's actually an excellent way of keeping warm AND occupied. Booze blankets dont count!!
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by E-3_4L_Teeter)
    • Day 1-2 of returning to normal PT habits (4-5 times a week) post knee problems Day 1: Ran a mile and change up the biggest hill on the base I live on and did 3 sets of 25 push ups, 35 squats and 45 sit-ups. Ran back home and wanted to die Day 2: Ran three loops around base housing (provably in the neighborhood of three miles) took about 20-25 minutes (rough estimate) stretched. Feel like I got my butt kicked this morning
    • Keeping Calm and Centered (Last post by Proteus)
    • I once discovered that if I spend a whole morning (a few hours in a row) deliberately paying attention to my breath during whatever I'm doing, that I naturally end up breathing deeper. I found that I grew alot more relaxed than usual (I'm sure due to the extra oxygen to my brain) for most of the rest of the day. In that state, I was immensely more level headed and able to calmly handle and resolve issues that arose throughout the day. Try it sometime.
    • American Jedi (Last post by Talariq)
    • Quote: A quick web search brought up this short film: American Jedi (2002) Quote: Oh geeez....Now I hope Laurent changes the name...to be compared to that 0_0 *shudders* I googled it as well and got really confused when I saw that IMDB page. I'm with you, Kit. I actually liked the title... until I saw that. >.<
    • IP discussion area (Last post by tzb)
    • Depends on the Master, I'd say. If I were the sort of person who wanted an Apprentice to complete an assignment every couple of days, I might look preferably on "faster" IPs. And the opposite is also true... My advice would be to do it however is suits you, rather than trying to restrict or increase the rate at which you respond.

There are 140 visitors, 3 guests and 24 members online (one is in chat): Br. John, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Shadouness, Firewolf, Nakis, Adder, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Andy Spalding, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Kamizu, zeronycon, Edan, klyde, tzb, Kaverael, benedictveritas, Frost, khrinosimmortali, Jamie Stick, Revan Falton, Oneiros, Invictus.

Follow Us