Computer stuff....

Moderators: Adder, Desolous
  • Page:

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 15:07 #58026

sent an email with further pleas..LOL

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 15:46 #58030

thanks for trying...it must be a sign....
:(

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 15:48 #58031

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 3682
Ill get it... DOing multiple things...;)

getting caught up on applications atm...:silly:
Rite: PureLand
Master: Master Jasper_Ward
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Elizabeth, Edan, Brenna, Llama Su

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.
Moreover, that is not a weakness - it remains our singular strength." ~Reacher~

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 16:00 #58032

• ren
  • NOW ONLINE
  • ID: 4418
Jestor can you post that picture here?
Former Councillor, librarian, and systems administrator.

"your problems with me are not my problems, those are your problems" -- Azealia Banks

Re: Computer stuff.... 27 Apr 2012 16:31 #58041

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
mail.jpg

"I do not demand your faith; I am not setting myself up as an authority. I have nothing to teach you - no new philosophy, no new system, no new path to reality; there is no path to reality any more than to truth. All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."~Krishnamurti~

"My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions." ~Dr. Alfred Lanning (I, Robot)

"Wherever this leads, I DO like the idea of semi-nomadic symbolism. In truth, it speaks more from the heart of our decentralized culture.
We have no Pontiff, we have no Prophet...we have a loose confederation of independent people who agree upon fundamental symbols that we interpret in our own way according to our philosophy and spirituality.

Last Edit: 27 Apr 2012 16:40 by Jestor.

Re: Computer stuff.... 30 Apr 2012 21:55 #58434

:cheer: THANK YOU!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Re: Computer stuff.... 30 Apr 2012 21:58 #58435

• Jestor
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
That was all ren....;)...

He's so goooood!!!

Re: Computer stuff.... 01 May 2012 00:15 #58458

• Br. John
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Councillor
  • Bishop
  • ID: 523
Excellent!

Anyone who does not have the free Irfanview can get it here www.irfanview.com/ .
Founder of The Order
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • List of scientists who became creationists after s... (Last post by TheDude)
    • Gisteron, rather than supplying a bunch of quotes and continuing that method (which would likely result in extremely long posts), I'll address the points you made which I think are most important. You say taking the bible literally isn't required of Judaism, and that not turning the other cheek is required of Christians. While you're correct about the first (in regards to some sects of Judaism, such as the reform movement), I wonder how you can say the second with a straight face. For you, yourself, seemed to be dubious of those who would differentiate between "true Christians" and others; but the same criticism applies for the Jews, as there are many sects of Judaism which would refer to the reform Jews and others who aren't biblical literalists as false Jews. Frankly, most Christians I know would not refer to such a person as a false Christian; and so I have no reason to believe that someone taking revenge makes them any less Christian, and am confused as to why you think so. You say: "Science, in this context, on the other hand, is defined exclusively as a process of examination and conclusion drawing and nothing else." While at the same time, you assert that the belief that testing and retesting giving us knowledge is not required of the scientist. Well, alright. Science operates on a belief, necessarily, that conclusions can be drawn based on examination in some, most, or all cases (depending on how much you drink the Kool Aid). More often than not, scientists engage in the scientific method. I am inclined to say that a belief in the validity of the scientific method is required of science and scientists, unless you can give a good reason against it. If we use your definition of prohibited or required beliefs -- which I take to be, based on your reasoning, "beliefs which conform with the majority of the most dedicated group of people in a particular group (science, religion, political parties, etc)" due to your "True Christian" argument -- then there are a number of required and prohibited beliefs in the sciences. For example, we could say that Behaviorists in the subfield of Behaviorism founded by Skinner are required to believe in operant conditioning. We can say this because that particular field is defined by its use of operant conditioning, meaning that in that particular field it is a required belief. And as for electrons, you haven't seen electrons with your bare eyes; if you had, then you cannot prove that you were not being deceived. If you saw electrons with the help of a machine, you still cannot prove you were not being deceived. So you believe that you have seen electrons, and there is no reason that you can see to doubt that, so you will not engage in doubt-inquiry-belief. The same can be said of those who believe in God. I still do not see the validity of the claim that one belief is superior to another in this situation.
    • Martial Arts: Your interest? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: LOL! That was great. Especially the end. thanks rugadd, i was hoping someone would enjoy :-) Quote: One would think that Tai Chi would work for a jedi. Chi is the Chinese word for "life force" and a tai chi master's energy flows from this force. It would also be cool to do a kind of synchretistic martial art that combines the best of all of them rather than just focusing on A or B... personally if i had to choose between tai chi/qigong or joseph c. i would say tai chi is more important for a jedi i see it as an energy art more than a definitively martial art - except to say that anything which enhances you as a person will help to improve your martial ability but i wouldnt tell someone who does tai chi that they are not practicing a martial art if they insisted they were
    • Elliot Hulse on your Legacy (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i think Elliot Hulse is a jedi really - he gets into a lot of energetic and esoteric sorts of ideas in his videos - so in addition to being super knowledgeable about anatomy and the science of physical development he is also very focused on the larger, more holistic picture of overall psychological and spiritual development as well
    • Addiction Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Checking in.. So I'm back at the office this week with my decaff coffee... no sugary tea in sight. The longer I do this the harder it gets. I'm not doing very well with this 'cold turkey' thing.. I went out for dinner Thursday with my dad.. I ended up having ice-cream for dessert.. however it actually tasted pretty sickly and I didn't eat all of it. On the other hand though, right this moment, I want chocolate. I just want it. Damn that sugaryness :/
    • US Supreme Court Rules in Favour of Gay Marriage (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • ----- EDIT hellisforhorses already said most of this - i hadnt read that post until after i made this one and im pretty much not adding anything but it is how i feel and i want to express it ----- Quote: But having no say in something that happens here is mildly insulting and robs us of our right to vote. It's when things are decided for me that I am bothered. and this is the crux of the problem gay people want to be able to decide for themselves if they are married and not have that issue decided for them by the votes of people who dont have anything to do with the relationship anti gay people want to decide for themself that total strangers are not allowed to be married and then claim that their rights are being infringed on by those strangers if you dont support gay marriage, then dont have one your rights are not under attack at all the ability to limit other peoples rights is what is "under attack" and rightly so im not intending to be rude to you personally, i just feel it important to point out the inherently biased position here that many people take when they say something like "i should have the right to vote on someone elses marriage because if i dont get to deny their right to be married then my right to __ is being denied" no a straight persons rights are not being denied in any way by allowing gays to marry this is just absurd freedom means that we respect the fact that free people will use their freedom in ways we dont really like, and that we support their right to do so because we want to keep our own right to act in ways that others may not like so we determine what is actually HARMFUL and what is not, and we say "anything on this side of the line needs to be left alone"
    • Light bubbles dont work (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i am saying is that it is not possible to prevent someone elses attention or intent from interacting with you. there is no way to "shield" that if i understand the radio wave correctly, there is no WALL which deflects other radio waves and prevents them from entering into the space, rather, the output generated is such that the transmited signal is not strong enough to be detected by the receiving apparatus or if that isnt clear, als we could use light, or sound if you shine a flashligh into a dark room it is easy to see the beam but if the light within that room is sufficiently bright, the beam will not be powerful enough, in comparison, to be noticed consciousness and attention are this way you increase your basic output by the kinds of things i have mentioned - the development of your ability to focus, the amount of self reflection your thoughts are stuck on, what you put into your body and what you allow your mind to be attached to, how much you exercise, the goals and aspirations you pursue and the activities you participate in these things act as our shields to a much greater extent than the visualized bubble the bubble is virtually irrelevant next to these and that is the ultimate point i am expressing here we are energetic beings the visualization feels good and strong because it is us being consciously attentive to our actual energetic nature - it feels good to pay attention to our energy Quote: ...but now that I'm becoming more sensitive (or rather paying more attention/opening up more) I need to pick up the practice again. If it doesn't work for you. Then fine, do your own thing. But you can't tell other people that it's wrong if they found that it works for them. It could be troublesome in the least if someone needs it and stops using it. this is an excellent point - becoming sensitive again the energy interactions to which we become sensitive are already happening whether we are sensitive to them or not the vulnerability that we experience once we open ourselves up to energy work is a result of how we use our attention, not of our essential durability what im saying is that our lifestyle, our behavioral and psychological routines and disciplines, are the things which affect our basic durability itself, and that this is the real shielding which protects us from the dangers of existence said another way - the raw power of our focus and the types of things which we habitually focus on, in conjunction with our physical health and stamina, are the factors which determine things such as how strong our bubble visualization is able to be to begin with - the stronger your focus the stronger your bubble right? well, this topic is to suggest that the development of ones attention through the various esoteric methodologies, and the application or direction of that power - in other words WHAT WE DO WITH OUR ATTENTION, (which is a huge topic that basically covers everything we do and everything we think) is the foundation for that "raw power" to begin with and this is by far the most important set of factors in our psychic and physical self defense
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Checking in... Ran my first full 8k of the year today in an hour... Now to get my time down ready for the cross country race in October, and the road race in December. Can only get better from here :)
    • Today I.... (Last post by Kamizu)
    • As much as I like hearing about the big stuff, it's the little day to day moments that I love the most. Thank you both for sharing! Gave me a smile and I bet you made their day!
    • One Good Thing About Yourself (Last post by kaay)
    • When in shock, emergency or trouble, I enter 'safe mode' rather than suffering a BSOD. Fire? Where? Oh. Fire service called? Well, already on it. No, don't touch that window. Options... (...) All under control? Can I assist anyone? No? OK... crap, I have nothing to do. Sit down, I guess, potentially break down a bit... (true story, years past and unimportant). Don't know where I got this from, but I am immediately driven to find and implement the optimal things to do, though I may suffer a hit to effective IQ, so I guess this may just be a weird expression of panic. Also, I am by default honest. Understandably, this is a mixed blessing to me, at best, and yet, a point of some personal pride.
    • Shadow Jedi? (Last post by Aqua)
    • Quote: Shadows do not believe in dark or light Aqua. I don't think there's many surviving websites out there, but I'm sure google will return something. Shadow philosophy is a lot of existentialism and a lot of wu-wei. Shadow Jedi usually adopt the unifying force perspective, which is pantheistic (or panentheistic), which is also how the totjo doctrine describes it ("Jediism is a religion based on the observance of the Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe"). The unifying Force seems to be the most common "Force belief" nowadays, and no longer typical of shadows. How to know shadow if you do not know light? I told color black and color white are made out of different colors, black and white made out of all colors. Then what is grey? I did not try to say black and white as solid colors. And I did not say ''shadow Jedi'' do believe in black and white. Please do not misunderstand me! :)
    • Did we really origin on another planet ? (Last post by Vraell)
    • As a cientist myself i dont belive in that theory, but i canot say for 100% that is not possible, i think its unlikly. What could have happen is that LIFE not humans, life could have started by bacterias from another part of the galaxy or our solar system by a meteur. But the humans where a result of a serie of evolution.

There are 521 visitors, 20 guests and 40 members online (one in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, steamboat28, Shadouness, Jestor, ren, Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, hellisforhorses, Rosalyn J, Arcade, Llama Su, Kamizu, Cyrith, Zenchi, benedictveritas, BeBe, Calanon, SMullinax, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Jeffery Williams, Dessel761, Exar Qel Droma, Rocda, Tk768, Loudzoo, lexxus, TheDude, Krieger, asteropos, Competent, Protonix, Sparkself, theta, kaay, Tellahane, Corsair Gorscue, adventureexcitement242, Athena_Undomiel, Spenserhawk, Linionaron, jeremyd, Sonrisa, Accipter [Ace] Salix, Tamlane42, jaxxo, JulieBuck89.

Follow Us