sithism

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190404 by
Replied by on topic sithism
Sithism interests me not at all but, Nietzsche does. Why would I want to filter my reading of Nietzsche through Sithism? That's a genuine question, why would I? Does Sithism have some insightful interpretation of Nietzsche?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190429 by
Very excerlent question Alan and I agree 110%. We are all aware of our light/dark, Ying/Yang as I prefer. So why bother with this sith stuff? Your're just dragging in more of the movies thing. Just always try to be the best person you can and keep moving foward. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190449 by
Why bother with the Jedi stuff?

I'm not sure I get why you're bringing that point up if you aren't going to give thought to the reciprocal.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190451 by
I think it's wise, if one is to know oneself completely, to get to know one's dark traits alongside one's light traits. It's not a fruitless activity. To get to know one's passionate side and then learn to control it requires strength. If you spend all of your time ignoring it, it will bite you in the end. Better to have control over your inner wolf than to let it control you, imo.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 11 months ago #190452 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic sithism

Connor L. wrote: I myself made an account a month or so ago. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to delve into the Nietzsche yet... it's quite hefty and I am finishing up school.

i've had an account there for a few months now....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190463 by

Alan wrote: Sithism interests me not at all but, Nietzsche does. Why would I want to filter my reading of Nietzsche through Sithism? That's a genuine question, why would I? Does Sithism have some insightful interpretation of Nietzsche?

This is not a genuine question.

If Sithism interests you not at all, chances are, even if they were somehow insightful in regards to Nietzsches work, your indifference would more than likely blind you to it.

Thats one of the consequences of a bias.

So, the question is hardly genuine, whats genuine, is your disinterest.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190468 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic sithism

Alan wrote: Sithism interests me not at all but, Nietzsche does. Why would I want to filter my reading of Nietzsche through Sithism? That's a genuine question, why would I? Does Sithism have some insightful interpretation of Nietzsche?

Its a bit the other way around Alan, Nietzsche was, and still is one of the most influential authors that had a hand in the creation of the fictional Sith and Sithism (two distinct different things there). His work has a huge role to play in what I call "Modern Sithism." So the question isn't to ask if Sithism can offer an insightful interpretation of Nietzsche, but how has Nietzsche's works helped to shape sithism as we know it.

If an individual is interested in learning from both sides of the coin per say, than I would highly recommend Nietzsche's works among others in order to understand Sithism better, just as I would suggest the Tao, the Bushido or something on Buddhism to gain a generalized perception on Jediism...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVoCKLyt2uw

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
8 years 11 months ago #190471 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic sithism
just my personal opinion but, As a Abrahamic Jedi and before becoming a jedi. I always thought it was intresting to know why people believe in certain things. I have studied multiple religions and "cults" its very intresting to read why they believe it. Nothing wrong with it I feel it helps better understand why they do but, also brings a respect and peace toward that. I used to be a hard nosed Christian and used to be very unacceptable of other beliefs outside my own Until, that day I opened my understanding...big changed in my life. now I love for people to share their beliefs and love them for who they are and for what they believe. Mind you I dont believe in religious folks who cause harm to others. I dont agree with that. But, if you feel the need try it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190698 by

Connor L. wrote: Why bother with the Jedi stuff?

I'm not sure I get why you're bringing that point up if you aren't going to give thought to the reciprocal.

I'm not understand the quetion?

More
8 years 11 months ago #190703 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic sithism
I found the question pretty straight forward...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi