"It is a religion in and of itself"

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #196327 by
Hi Guys

I am just having a look over the Doctrine and I came across an expression that I have not heard before..."It is a religion in and of itself"...Was wondering if anybody could shed some light on what this means as I have googled it and it doesn't seem to be a common expression.

Thanks for any help!

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #196328 by Kit
It means it can stand on its own as a religion.

Really? I've heard it before. Maybe it's a regional saying lol
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 8 months ago #196329 by Edan
Basically, the phrase means that taking nothing else into account, it is a religion.

in and of itself
Intrinsically, considered alone. For example, In and of itself the plan might work, but I doubt that it will be approved. It is also put simply as in itself, as in This account may be true in itself. [First half of 1600s ]

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #196332 by

Kamizu wrote: It means it can stand on its own as a religion.

Really? I've heard it before. Maybe it's a regional saying lol

I'm not overly well read, but leaning all the time.

Thanks for your help! :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #196334 by

Edan wrote: Basically, the phrase means that taking nothing else into account, it is a religion.

in and of itself
Intrinsically, considered alone. For example, In and of itself the plan might work, but I doubt that it will be approved. It is also put simply as in itself, as in This account may be true in itself. [First half of 1600s ]

So I'm guessing the context it has been written in within the first paragraph of the doctrine is, that the religion would stand independently Star Wars?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

More
8 years 8 months ago #196336 by Edan

Spenserhawk wrote:

Edan wrote: Basically, the phrase means that taking nothing else into account, it is a religion.

in and of itself

So I'm guessing the context it has been written in within the first paragraph of the doctrine is, that the religion would stand independently Star Wars?

Yes I would say that makes sense in the context.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi