When we have Questions about the I.P. who do we ask?

More
8 years 11 months ago #189987 by Tarran
Also, there are some who might think he's a complete wanker, who happens to luck out with a few bits of wisdom falling out of his mouth. It's important to understand that, even if one might find him at times arrogant and abrasive to one's own set of ideals, it isn't required that you absolutely agree with everything he says, or that you subscribe whole-heartedly to all that he might seem to proclaim as "truth". It's quite alright to disagree. If you find that you *do* disagree with some parts, write out why, and how YOU see them to be :)

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #190013 by TheDude
I have a question as well.
Lesson 6, Part 5. Paganism is an extremely broad term. I have the same feeling about Hinduism, but I'll probably be writing about one of the sects I know a little bit about for that. To be honest, I'm not sure what an essay on Paganism actually entails, being as it is so broad -- and does it include Neopaganism?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 11 months ago #190014 by Jestor
Its about what you find, and why its so broad....;)

We would like some kind of understanding of what "paganism" is...

Like, an overview...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran, TheDude

More
8 years 11 months ago #190022 by Proteus
Tip about any IP Material:

There are no wrong answers.
There are also no right answers.

Formulate your own impressions, your own interpretations, your own understanding but just as importantly, your own confusions.

About Watts:

Don't approach Watts like you approach most "reading for information" sources. Watts doesn't go from start to point. He picks an idea, and then dances to that point in multiple ways to give you more than way of looking at it. Even if you understood one way he puts it, keep reading (or listening) because the next way he explains it can give you even more on it.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi