Looking for initiate study partners!

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #157042 by J_Roz

Gisteron wrote:
I did have a journal once and I did complete the IP back in that day. I was however somewhat different from who I am today, so looking over my backups I'm not sure I agree with all of the personal evaluations I made. It is astonishing, looking back, how much change one could see in some cases. I think if I was a training master I would have at least an optional lesson toward the end where the apprentice would scan over her early journal entries and reflect on what has changed since then.

Its taken me four years, yes four to get half way through the IP study. Yes I certainly could have taken days to blast through everything and then go "READY"! Instead I decided I wanted to take my time, invest myself in each lesson, and take time off when I needed to. I have been reading back through my journal now sort of as a refresher and things have certainly changed in my world for sure. However that is also the beauty of the IP program and how the Council has set up this journey for you. They have really designed it to become a reflection of the individual and see how you evolve and grow. One can't do that blasting through the course in two weeks, as you grow through the teachings here the Knights and the Council will get to know you deeper and see your growth. It also gives them who have invested a lot of blood, sweat and tears to evaluate each of us and decide if we should continue and who can help each student become the best you can be and ultimately help support the temple, in whatever capacity that might be. It also forces you to really think about each lesson, and allow you to grow and change. The IP program on a deeper level also asks you if you are ready for another stage of thinking and personal growth.

In the end of my IP journey I do plan on writing a bit about how I have changed over the course of the program, what has influenced me greatly (or even not so greatly) and review anything that might need more discussion. The council makes it clear, your journal is your own to reflect and talk as you need, each post dosn't need to be a lesson. Perhaps its something that happened that makes you think deeper. Truthfully they give you structure but also tremendous freedom, in finding out who you are and allowing them to get to know you. We all do not live in a physical temple, so getting to know us on our path is very important.

That being said, I certainly have looked to other students journals for inspiration. My words and thoughts are my own, but sometimes we all need a little bit of direction, and if you or anyone wants a study partner I am certainly willing to help, but in the end the journey must be your own. The people here are not strangers anymore to me, they are friends and they all are amazing people with incredible gifts and I really encourage you to contact any one of the folks here, wither, they be Apprentices, Knights, Clergy or Council members. They all have gone through the training program and continue to strive for excellence. Every time I have needed something they have answered that call with open arms. This is a great organization, one I'm very proud to be a member of.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by J_Roz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wescli Wardest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #157045 by
Well stated, Roz :) Ultimately we all walk our own path. Documenting the twists and turns along the way in a journal will certainly reveal things about ourselves we may have been overlooking, or flat out denying. This is how we grow.

How about a 'Journal Throwback Thursday'? Pick a post from your past and write a quick reflection on what has changed, what has remained the same, and what you continue to question. I think I'll try it :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #157058 by J_Roz
I'll do a journal throwback Thursday. Good idea. ;-)

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi