Idea: topic/thread for insomniacs

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166208 by
I have a problem with my sleep for many years. Actually i am insomniac. My sleep is not for granted and i am struggling everyday just to have a sufficient amount of sleep.
I do not believe that my case is so rare around, so i would like to make a request.
I wish if it is possible to have a thread/topic/something in order for insomniacs to can exchange wishes and helpfull thoughts about sleep :)
Sometimes even a simple hallo just as a sign of solidarity can be huge help.
So that was my idea.
If yes we can use this topic or to create one other, i do not have any wish to be my thread or my idea, just i wish to see this idea in motion :)
May the Force be with you all.
Robert.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166225 by
Replied by on topic Idea: topic/thread for insomniacs
Robert, good idea! Please begin the thread. A good place for it would be the Health, Fitness and Wellbeing forum .

You don't need our approval to make threads my friend - you are a member of our community. If there's a topic which you'd like to discuss or think might be useful, just go for it! You are one of us, a member of our Temple, and your words are as valid as anyone else's here.

May the Force be with you :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #166230 by J_Roz
I always have called it the hour of the wolf or homework time when I was younger. I'd love to talk to others about this.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #166235 by
Dear Tzb, Roz
Thank you both for your support to the idea. :)
At first let me apologize for the wrong choice of category. I don't know if i have as OP the ability to change category. If not i would like to ask one forum administrator to change the category so we will not need to create second thread for the same topic. The reason that i first decided to put that on Clergy category, because i just to ask permission for this topic that handles for the serious health matter of sleep. I was thinking for wishes or something like that but i feel that "Health, Fitness and Wellbeing forum" category pass better for this thread. :)

Actually the homework it is always a good alibi for staying wake. I use to do something always for a)to keep me busy and b)not to waste valuable time.
I usually (because Insomnia wastes energy) have many different levels and variations of occupations in every time and for every case, so even if i am dead tired should always make something positive useful (Actually in the case of being dead tired i use to study foreign languages :) )
That is all for now. i will try to move this topic in the correct category and to make some adjastments.
May the Force be with you all.
Robert.

PS i notice that i can't move this topic so if it is possible for an admin to move this topic to health this will be great and much appreciated :)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

More
9 years 5 months ago #166256 by steamboat28
This is one of the reasons I'm rarely in the chat; I'm up all night, when there's nobody in there, so I just quit trying unless there are at least 5 people in there.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 5 months ago #166315 by ren
I'm insomniac too.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
9 years 5 months ago #166338 by Edan

Jedi_Roz wrote: I always have called it the hour of the wolf or homework time when I was younger.

I was exactly the same as a teenager... 3am was my usual essay writing time!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166339 by

steamboat28 wrote: This is one of the reasons I'm rarely in the chat; I'm up all night, when there's nobody in there, so I just quit trying unless there are at least 5 people in there.

I am usually avoiding the chat for 2 reasons.

Some times you want just to say just a hi and you find the ultimate-super-specific-elite-discussion of the century and you don't know even when the discussions begins...
...Other time you need to discuss something specific and interesting, (and awesome), and you have a random guy who just want to say just a hi and to start with uninteresting chatting :P

Just kidding of course. I am just afraid of the addiction of the chat, i don't want to find comfort inside a chat and to spend the rest of my life in the trying to feed my need for chat :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166340 by

Edan wrote:

Jedi_Roz wrote: I always have called it the hour of the wolf or homework time when I was younger.

I was exactly the same as a teenager... 3am was my usual essay writing time!

At the night (the small hours) there are few advantages that we make a use of. The connection is better, we don't have distractions, (the distractions are sleeping), and it is quiet and cozy.
Good choice for writing :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166516 by
Guess what. I slept for less an hour i had a dream (i believe bad, not a nightmare exactly) and i woke up with full anxiety.
Now i am tired as hell and i am wasting my time... life is great :P
Good night and sleep tight, i will try to do the same :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi