Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Gisteron (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: What I have learned Rickie, is that to engage you in conversation will reap no value to me, as you do nothing but evade in depth discussion at all cost. So my conclusion based on the evidence gathered, or in this case, your refusal to reciprocate in any real meaningful conversation, is to no longe attempt to have one with you. Whats interesting is that you insinuate that I am close minded, when it is you who has refused to open up to me. Sorry I can't answer your question as concretely as you desire. Maybe someday we'll connect better. Peace :) PS I don't call what you say nonsense and snake oil.
    • Sweden (Last post by AlexanderJ.W)
    • Vad är det som gör att du tycker att Sverige är ett så spännande land, och vad är det som har fått dig intresserad? :9 Må kraften vara med dig
    • My Philosophy of Life (Last post by scott777ab)
    • Quote: I do my best to live my philosophy, and it has been quite beneficial personally. Good, and don't let jerks like me push you around. To you also I aplogize. I guess I do not know how to make decent posts to things I disagree with without sounding like a total jerk. So I am sorry about that Philo. This here below is the last thing I am going to say in this thread. May the force(God) be with(in) you.
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by Arcade)
    • Quote: I've been working on it for a number of years, but nothing ever happens. lol. I'm ok with being a non-Force sensitive Jedi. Well, certain forms of magic(k) don't require a noticeable connection to the Force or even belief to be effective. For some people, magic is primarily an exercise in learning to control (or map) the mind, working with psychological archetypes, or creating a link to the subconscious that allows more direct communication with parts of the brain that may be tougher to access via typical means. Magic can also be a creative outlet or a simple way to identify goals and clear pathways toward them. When I first started practicing magic, I had very little connection or sensitivity to the Force. It wasn't until many years later that I found myself engaging with specific forms of magic that were compatible with the way I feel/think and this sensitivity became apparent. So maybe you haven't yet found magical techniques or philosophies that mesh well with who you are and how you see the universe? Quote: Left out is anything pertaining to deities as I don't see anyone or anything as superior or inferior to me... Continuing with the idea that I suggested above, you could choose to see deities as projections of the Self - or as direct lines to parts of your mind that are generally inaccessible. I have worked with deities and created servitors in the past that were obviously representative of aspects of myself (psychological projections), and this process of interaction and intention in action can be used to your advantage if you don't see it as profane or intrinsically damaging.
    • Connor is back (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Oh! Well, that wasn't a permanent thing since I've been in Germany for a month and all. But, yeah, we'll see how it turns out. I may not end up doing the financial planning stuff till I'm done singing, which may not be for 10-20 years yet.
    • Jedi Lightsaber (Last post by rugadd)
    • I should amend that by saying I DID craft one...but its 4 solid steel plumbing pieces and a solid steel pipe for the blade, wrapped in green electrical tape. I treat it the same way one might treat a weighted bat in baseball practice. Also, will likely be my head bashing tool when the zombie apocalypse happens.
    • This Week In Science (Last post by Khaos)
    • CAT PARASITE MODIFIED INTO AN EFFECTIVE CANCER VACCINE t has been estimated that a third of the world’s population is affected by Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite that prefers living in feline intestines. While it produces no or mild symptoms for most people, it can be fatal for those who are seriously immunocompromised. Scientists have found a way to make the parasite’s actions work for good by reprogramming it to team up with the immune system to attack cancer cells. The research was conducted by David Bzik of Dartmouth University. "We know biologically this parasite has figured out how to stimulate the exact immune responses you want to fight cancer,” Bzik said in a press release. Cancer cells can disrupt the immune response for self-preservation purposes. In the presence of T. gondii, those responses are restored and the body will create cytotoxic T cells as well as natural killer cells in order to fight off infection, and these cells are also responsible for fighting cancer cells. Of course, it would be too risky to inject T. gondii into a cancer patient, researchers needed to find the best way to alter it. Prior research by Bzik indicated that while virulent strains of T. gondii attack cells on the surface, avirulent strains are actually ingested by phagocytes. Instead of getting digested, they will invade the cell from the inside and then continue to divide and spread once it has escaped the cell. This “trojan horse” approach was an attractive opportunity to modify the parasite in order to fight cancer more effectively. A gene that is critical to the parasite’s ability to self-replicate was removed, creating a safe version that can trigger the desired immune response without posing any threat of its own. Bzik and his colleague Barbara Fox have named it “cps.” "The biology of this organism is inherently different from other microbe-based immunotherapeutic strategies that typically just tickle immune cells from the outside," Fox explained. "By gaining preferential access to the inside of powerful innate immune cell types, our mutated strain of T. gondii reprograms the natural power of the immune system to clear tumor cells and cancer." Cps was injected into mice that had lethal forms of ovarian cancer and melanoma and resulted in high rates of survival. In the future, cps could be a very potent treatment or vaccine for cancer patients that could even be highly personalized. Cells would be taken from the patient and exposed to cps in vitro, creating the desired immune response. The cps-containing cells would then be returned to the patient to fight the cancer and could even provide immunity against recurrence of that cancer type. "Cps stimulates amazingly effective immunotherapy against cancers, superior to anything seen before," said Bzik. "The ability of cps to communicate in different and unique ways with the cancer and special cells of the immune system breaks the control that cancer has leveraged over the immune system.” Though the testing has gone well in the mice, human trials aren’t ready to begin. Researchers need to learn more about the mechanism that allows it to work so well in addition to identifying all molecular targets. Read more at www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/c...#suTwQL8KLkVC9GdQ.99
    • Rape Culture (Last post by ren)
    • It's the evil patriarchy man. We get to be dicks and women pussies. Coz you know, throughout history cats have been seen as disgusting worthless animals not deserving of any kind of attention and all. You know dem cats vandalized the pyramids with selfies in egypt? Filthy things. Now being named after male genitalia and the greatest politician ever Dick Nixon, that's just pure honour and glory.
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by Learn_To_Know)
    • "Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world" - Lawrence G. Lovasik.
    • Open Sermon Slots (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Open Sermons slots are every Wednesday ... :) Please continue writing and submitting us your sermons. Open Sermons are pretty much free-writing exercises on any topic one finds a 'message' in. And, as we know, found messages are often just as important as planned ones. Furthermore, they are open to everyone. :cheer:

There are 484 visitors, 5 guests and 36 members online (2  are in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Octagon, steamboat28, Jestor, ren, Learn_To_Know, Proteus, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, MJ Hannigan, Rosalyn J, Alan, scott777ab, PatrickB, Khaos, Vusuki, Arcade, Brenna, Buvan, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, tzb, Pyrus Erath, peace, benedictveritas, Trice Corbel, Knigma, Cristris_Jons, ALMount, TambelSadera.

Follow Us