Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Who's your favorite philosopher? (Last post by Vusuki)
    • Mine is probably Alan Watts. As for the reason- he makes me laugh through his explanations that seem so simple and evident afterwards that you wonder why you didn't think of them before, :p I'm interested in learning about other philoshopers/philosophies as well- something you might like to check out for brief summaries of several well-known philoshophers is this youtube channel- www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwxNMb28X...pJMHfNbJ4RAFkRtmAN3P called School of Life. Maybe you'd enjoy it?
    • Meditation Comes With a Price (Last post by Cyan Sarden)
    • Quote: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2719544/ I remember a post about Shamanism and Mental Illness patients. I actually posted it at Force Academy. Last night, a long time member posted that he has been reading up on these sorts of things and posted the above link. In this article, it actually makes a case AGAINST meditation. I would be curious to see your thoughts. :) The conclusion deems meditation to be helpful and practical and tries to encourage medical professionals to educate themselves so they can apply the techniques better. It also says that strategies used for meditation are already present in modern psychology, making meditation compatible with treatments that are already being used in the field. As Arkayik already said: a de-mystification of meditation doesn't hurt. To me, meditation doesn't have a mystical side, never had.
    • The Force Explained (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Once without thinking, but with feeling deep compassion for an injured cat, I felt the same Force flow and directed it to the cat who recovered and was able to nurse her kittens. Not something I talk about with many people. Kewl, I think compassion is a great vehicle to connect to healing potential. My cat got diabetes from the result of a stressful even, bad diet and probably bad genes, and I was able to work with her to help her recover completely from it. She is now about 4 months without any symptoms, tests normal and no needles or medication required. She has never been healthier!!
    • "The Interview" gets pulled (Last post by Adder)
    • I think its ontopic still? I lean towards showing the movie and burning the book. IMO the movie can best be seen as not realistic and therefore acceptable satire (of the CIA), but if it were appealing to some real view or movement then it would be unsuitable as inflammatory. Burning the Quran to me, while inflammatory again is not a breach of anyones property. The inflammation occurs because of an extension of one parties rights over and above another parties rights, which I think is unfair. I don't think you should be able to tell people what not to do if its otherwise legal, unless doing so is deliberately designed to inflame. The problem here is is the burning being done to represent ones rights to burn it, or to inflame those who don't want it burned. I then view the measure taken by each party and unless its done in a way that cannot be by realistic measure avoided, then its acceptable. So burning a Quran on private property and posting a video online to me is ok, but going infront of a Mosque and on public property burning a Quran is not. Splitting hairs, but I think that is the best way to view it.
    • Spiritual agnostic talks. (Last post by Rickie The Grey)
    • Quote: Quote: Best to admit what we do know so we can know what we dont, so we can admit that. As it is, the average person doesnt truly know how ignorant they may be, because they have no idea how much we arent. I think we are on the same page. I just don't see myself as the center. Center of my life yes but still a speck in the big picture. Just a matter of perspective and a view of self importance. To each their own. I can't say who is wrong just what I believe.
    • Coolest light show Ever!!!! (Last post by Jedi_Roz)
    • Oh my gosh!!!!! I'm totally geeking out right now! My fellow Jedi. The gauntlet has been laid down. I am accepting this challenge!
    • Jedi In Combat (Last post by Adder)
    • Oh I think the military is a great place to train in 'Jedi', if the individual can see the greater value of it and not get caught up in seeing onself as a gear in a machine or the grind of repetitive work (things not unique to the military) - getting to paid to train for a living to be stronger and smarter in body and mind could be a great opportunity for someone who associates themselves to the Jedi way IMO - unfortunately the actual fighting side detracts from that personal perspective (usually) but that is where the nature of service comes into play. Its a really important discussion actually and I thank Reacher for posting!!!! Reflecting on the concept of self versus service to non-self is interesting, for in Jediism I do see some of the fundamental concepts might be focused on the dissolution of those distinctions, with the strong focus of the interconnected nature of the Force where oneself is integral to non-self. So I've tended to now see non-self as a part of self, and so service to self extends to include non-self!! It might just be the nature of different individuals seeking balance with themselves to relate to the Force, that for some service leads to self and for others self leads to service!? In my personal experience I was committed to service but couldn't make it happen (in the ways I would have liked), and so had to focus on self. What I found was that the focus on self in a Jedi context with the interconnected nature of the Force leads to some sensation towards a concept of almost obligatory involvement outwards into society (in various capacities) - when outer becomes part of inner and no longer are separated. I tend to think it might be why Mahayana Buddhism has this concept of Bodhisattva, not that it share the concept of 'enlightenment' but that the particular doctrine suddenly progresses with a heavy association outwards to all other life, and for Jediism it might be more about the things discussed in the Code. But service requires a certain strength of self plus a certain capacity to engage ones strength in that particular way, and that limits its applicability to those who can meet or train up to meet that particular avenue. I don't think its a universal entry point. I don't think the Code demands service explicitly but rather service is part of what it means to develop a greater/clearer relationship with the Force, and therefore relates back to the Code through that nature. Some people might need to focus on self to be a steward of the Force, while others might need to focus on non-self, but I'd like to think the balancing nature leads all Jedi to being stewards of the Force, that hope I can agree with 100%!!!
    • The Sword as a Weapon of the Jedi (Last post by Ruminator)
    • Here in Bangladesh we don't have any fencing or kendo clubs. Martial arts is the closest I can get... I'm glad I found this thread.... keep up the discussion....

There are 275 visitors, 6 guests and 24 members online (none in chat): Zanthan Storm, Jon, Shadouness, baru, Jestor, Nakis, Adder, Proteus, V-Tog, Clone_Warrior, Vusuki, Archon, zeronycon, Edan, Silvermane, Kaverael, Zenchi, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Revan Falton, Rocda, Cyan Sarden, RaB, fredogaston, Ariane, Jamieson, TheForceWithin, Veran_Seawolf, Leonaxas.

Follow Us