Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What form(s) of magic(k) do you practice? (Last post by RyuJin)
    • I'm currently exploring my own blend...a little shamanism/hedgecraft...in the past I've studied wicca, enochian, tarot, I-ching, runic, astrology.. I have my own staff(oak aka wizards wood), wand (spruce), a jade chalice( don't know where or when I got it), also have a flagon of holy water I blessed myself, and a small vial of lightning infused soil...I have no idea what to use it for yet, when I collected it I was walking my dog outside and a bolt of lightning struck a tree 50 feet from me, my dog didn't even look up to see what happened...it blew all the bark off one side, and sent large splinters everywhere, and blew a big hole in the ground where it went in...I saw that and didn't hesitate to scoop some up...how often does one get an opportunity like that?... When shaping my staff I had a dream that someone in a black robe told me "call my name" he then turned into a dragon and vanished into a mist..I shaped the staff head into a dragon's head, put my markings on the staff and waited until I finally learned the name. For the awakening I anointed it with the holy water and a small amount of the lightning infused soil, and called his name...I did the ceremony on halloween which just happened to have a full moon...
    • Quantum Mechanics != Magic (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Maybe I'm reading the wrong science fiction, but I never took the word "quantum" seriously in film/television/books. Having studied quantum mechanics makes me feel as though it would be very hard to incorporate it into a story without merely referencing it off-hand. It's rather unhelpful for clarifying something unless you're trying to clarify the subject of quantum mechanics. On the flipside, people's misunderstandings about science have made for a lot of entertainment: look up media based on what people thought would happen if we broke the sound barrier then look up the movie Event Horizon which posits the same thing except for faster-than-light travel. Look, you can let it grind your gears that someone used "quantum" as a scapegoat for technobabble or you can enjoy it regardless. If it bothers you so much, stop consuming the media that improperly uses the word quantum. There are a lot of different styles of science fiction out there and some of them are well-known for their scientific accuracy. There are also some science fiction styles that fly in the face of "science" intentionally for a whole host of reasons: to tell a story, to mock people who get hung up on the use of the word quantum improperly, and sometimes out of pure ignorance. Yes, some people do it ignorantly.
    • Helping the Homeless? (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • I don't tell CEOs how to spend the money they make off of me, why should I tell a panhandler how to spend the money? I try to avoid giving money, but rather meeting their needs by buying them food... Sometimes even that is just a ploy, for example one guy asked me to buy him breakfast at Dunkin Donuts and I did. As soon as we parted ways he went to the liquor store (right across the street from the Dunkin Donuts). All the same, as long as I am able, I will continue to help with what I have.
    • Everything is Made of Energy Stuff (Last post by Khaos)
    • Certainly, because then flying isnt just a metaphor :) The dream is damned and deamer too, is dreaming is all that dreamers do.-Chiron Those that have used logic, reason evidence, etc, have consistently made what was once a dream, a theory, a possible future, and made it manifest for all to use. “The brain is so powerful that the imagination has allowed us to conceive of any delightful future we choose, pick the most amazing one, and pull the present forward to meet it.”-Jason Silva
    • Forgiveness (Last post by Luthien)
    • [image] :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    • Still Around (Last post by scott777ab)
    • Quote: Quote: . I now try to keep most of my opinions to myself. Please don't. Your presence helps make this a better place. See my post above. Quote: Quote: For now I am going to go hide in my secret place. LOL. Please don't. Your presence helps make this a better place. By secret place I mean that place which is within. If you don't understand sorry. Those who do know what I am talking about.
    • What are your opinions about euthanasia? (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • Quote: If you have the correct conviction to end your own life you don't need to be so cruel as to ask someone else to do it unless extreme circumstances prevent you from acting on your own. Most everywhere in the US it is illegal to attempt to commit suicide and doctor or nurse who knowingly allows a patient to kill themself is considered complicit. So if you happen to fail to actually kill yourself, you can be in serious legal trouble (to say nothing of the psychiatric crap they'll put you through). I'm in favor of legalizing compassionate release. Life can be difficult when you're a relatively healthy, but if you've got some kind of progressively worsening condition, I can't imagine life is something you really want to cling to.
    • Words Mean Things. (Last post by ren)
    • en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_spelling_reform#History I think I'll forgive Jestor this one time :P

There are 193 visitors, 5 guests and 25 members online (one is in chat): Br. John, steamboat28, Shadouness, RyuJin, Trose , Remem, Desolous, Luthien, scott777ab, Arcade, Buvan, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, wesleycook74, Edan, Zenchi, benedictveritas, Jamie Stick, Mathew Erickson, Calanon, Knigma, Deepseablue, TambelSadera, porkapon763.

Follow Us