Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Wearable Body weights (Last post by Luthien)
    • It truly depends on your goal. If you want to run faster, you could use a weighted vest or just do sprints. If you want a quicker punch or kick, wrist or ankle weights can do wonders. I would say use wearable weights sparingly. Personally, if I were having trouble passing previous physical limits with conventional methods, temporary use of those types of weights can help, but prolonged use can have detrimental effects on your musculoskeletal system. Water training can also do so much more than most understand. Think non-impact, non-compression resistance training. Ultimately, it's up to your own judgment as to whether you should or shouldn't use them. They are just one option out of many of the tools available to help you with your goals.
    • some personal thoughts on Jediism (Last post by Rob78)
    • The force is within us, surrounding us, unmovable like a mountain, and yet as flowing as a stream, enduring like the ancient tree whose roots grow deep, and whose branches forever reach. The force is the raging storm, and the rolling, surging sea, the beauty of a sunrise that kisses our skin, and gifts us with light to see. The force is our guide upon which path to tread, our conscience, our knowledge, our source of strength. In fear may We find courage, in anguish may We Find peace, in the silence may We the find answers and the truths we seek. The force is the beginning and end of all things, a reminder of what our world could, or should be. Peace and friendship not prejudice or war. Compassion and understanding, not ignorance, cruelty or indifference. We are the Jedi children of the force, in our every breath, every heartbeat, in waking moment and sleeping thought. With each success and every failure, with each life that blesses us, and each death that affects us. May our actions be just, and our inaction justified, may the force guide us all to do what is right. May we serve with dignity as we walk the path together, a journey bound by love and unity, our greatest treasure.
    • Jediism, relationship of perfection and harmony in... (Last post by Aqua)
    • Alan: ,,Is chaos the opposite of harmony?'' If harmony is a kind of order that is based upon the relative relationships of constituent elements, would that mean that chaos has no relationship with other elements? If i see chaos as a state of complete confusion and disorder, in which everything is composed of a differentiated shapeless mass or mixture, then chaos would represent an relationship of disorder between multiple elements? Alan: ,,Is chaos another kind of order?'' If chaos is a other kind of order, I would say that chaos represents a relationship of disorder, maybe chaos brings so much disorder that it is hard to give it a place? How to draw formless silhouette of disorder, and say to people: ,, Look at this picture, this is chaos?'' Maybe chaos is a idea and Perfection as opposite of Chaos? Chaos and Perfection? ~ Perfection is an idea whose definition includes order. ~ Chaos would represent an relationship of disorder between multiple elements? It would mean that Chaos is a Idea? Edit: It sounds quite weird to say that an idea like chaos has an opposite.. Besides.. how can something that we can not place in a border, be placed in a border of opposites?
    • for our d&d fans (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • You Are A: Lawful Good Human Monk (5th Level) Ability Scores: Strength- 12 Dexterity- 12 Constitution- 11 Intelligence- 15 Wisdom- 16 Charisma- 13 Alignment: Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest. Race: Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like. Class: Monks- Monks are versatile warriors skilled at fighting without weapons or armor. Good-aligned monks serve as protectors of the people, while evil monks make ideal spies and assassins. Though they don't cast spells, monks channel a subtle energy, called ki. This energy allows them to perform amazing feats, such as healing themselves, catching arrows in flight, and dodging blows with lightning speed. Their mundane and ki-based abilities grow with experience, granting them more power over themselves and their environment. Monks suffer unique penalties to their abilities if they wear armor, as doing so violates their rigid oath. A monk wearing armor loses their Wisdom and level based armor class bonuses, their movement speed, and their additional unarmed attacks per round.
    • Jediism? (Last post by Kitsu Tails)
    • Quote: Since this ISNT the Gathered Force Community, perhaps we can discuss this site? We too have a map, located here: www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Offline-activities :) Forgive me, I forgot you guys had a map *bows*
    • Workout Check-In Thread (Last post by Edan)
    • Finally back to it. Checking in! 35 minutes run today... I say run, about half of it was walking. Can't believe I was running for an hour in December, will take time to get back there. Run followed by 15 minutes of yogic stretching. Best track of the run was 'Slave Only Dreams To Be King' by Marilyn Manson.
    • speed of light (Last post by Gisteron)
    • The laws of nature aren't so much given laws by which nature obides as they are our descriptions of what we observe in nature. In this sense, we don't know what makes anything a rule, but based on what we see we propose patterns and then test the predictions our patterns make to see if they are applicable to reality and to what extent. Now classical speed, or Galilean velocity if you will is indeed relative. It is an approximation of the motions at speeds far below the speed of light. As things move faster, i.e. closer to the speed of light however we find that those models are too simplistic and increasingly fail to describe and predict observations. In the early twentieth century this was mostly theoretical and was hard to observe so it followed from other laws that were in turn easily observable. Now, with particle accelerators, we can actually induce high velocities and observe the resulting behaviour of mass. Now since I didn't thoroughly cover relativity myself, I shan't start with those and then deduce relativistic equations from them. Now there is the so-called energy-momentum relation, an equation that relates any object's rest mass m0, momentum p and total energy E: [image] where c is the speed of light. Since the rest mass of a light quantum (and I mean any electromagnetic quantum, of course) is zero, you can see that the energy of a photon reduces to E=pc and since a massive object at rest has zero momentum (because in that case p=m0v where v is the object's velocity), its energy at rest reduces to E=m0c2. Now, we can trivially expand the latter equation by v/v=1 resulting in [image] and with mv=p [image] Now we solve for pc and feed that into our initial equation to get [image] Solving for E2 we get [image] As you can see, as v approaches c, the denominator approaches zero and therefore the total energy E of that object approaches infinity. In other words, the faster you go, the more energy it takes to accelerate any further. As for the change of mass, we come for the momentum p, twisting the variables we have so far around a bit, to [image] And since p=Mv where M is the total mass of the object, this reduces to [image] As you can see, the total mass of an object not only doesn't decrease with increasing velocity, but indeed, the opposite is the case: As a massive body accelerates approaching light speed, it actually quite rapidly gains mass, which explains why it gets increasingly impossible to accelerate it further the faster it already moves. I would like to stress that I am very much a layman at this point. While the conclusions, as far as I know, are correct, I presume that my ways of getting to them that I presented here may be severely flawed in several places. Bearing that in mind I hope it was still marginally helpful.
    • Beyond Carnism and towards Rational, Authentic Foo... (Last post by ren)
    • Quote: Quote: Perhaps I would be more honest(with myself) in saying I believe(not know) they feel it on a level we can not(so far been unable) quantify. If we pretend for a moment that it will take more than simple science to explain everything in the universe, almost every animist culture agrees that (on a spiritual level) plants do feel pain when hurt, and fear when threatened, without the proper respect or rites. To be fair animism almost makes scientific sense: science is never right, but "righter" every day. Animism is basic theorization of observed phenomenon: Observation: Take too much fish from the river and the river won't give you any again Theory: The river is angry with you, the river is therefore some sort of being of greater complexity than you Speaking of which, animism, from latin "animus" which is also the root of "animal", meant life, not just life made out of meat. If that's not a sign of sentiocentrism in biology, I don't know what is :P
    • Cultural Appropriation (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: I'm just going to sneak in at the end here and place this link: instinctmagazine.com/post/uk-students-un...n-acting-black-women I make no comments... OHNO THEY DITANT! :snap: :headtilt:
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: To whoever designed the Capri-Sun drink pouch, you owe me an ounce of fruit punch and a new shirt. Who thought squeezing an aluminum pouch and stabbing it with a sharp plastic straw would be the best way to distribute a beverage? [image] :pinch: :angry: too bad there isn't a "super like" button....because that is hilarious....i've lost count of how man times capri sun has blasted me..
    • Making of a Jedi Warrior (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i prefer in certain instances to disregard the idea of defense or defending, and substitute it for the idea of attacking the attack this first video for me is not so much actual knife response as it is general intro to krav 360 technique which i had meant to put first up but oh well
    • The Art of Self-Discipline (Last post by Luthien)
    • Self-discipline... For me, it's about what one wishes to accomplish, or complete, or whatever the goal is which motivates one to take the necessary steps toward it. Quite simply, it's being able to overcome how you feel to do what you need to do. The reason it's so difficult for everybody is because everybody's goals are typically different. Personally, the simpler something is to do, the easier it is to maintain in the long run. If you overcomplicate the process of your daily living, it won't be sustainable for very long. You notice something that you want to change, come up with an effective solution, and stick with it until it becomes part of your daily life. Then, it doesn't take any more than a thought to remember what you need to do. Sometimes the goal isn't very simple, but adding a step at a time will bring you closer to it, you just have to be patient with yourself and keep your motivation, somehow, as there is no one solution which is applicable for every person. It's the drive, the hunger for more, the thirst for better. Essentially, it's what Buddhism sets out to free you from; desire, thus suffering. But, if you would suffer for a short while to achieve your long-term goals, you will be happy and free. Work with your philosophic, thinking mind to create that discipline you seek. I've heard it said that you may master something only if you know how to simplify it, though that's not always the case. One can show understanding by being able to explain in simple terms, most of the time. One can show mastery of an art by how simply they create, or express themselves. One can show mastery of their own life by how simply they live. I think it takes a lot of discipline to keep one's life simple. I'm currently working on doing that, myself, so I constantly ask myself whether something is essential, or just a waste. I also constantly have to keep my pride in check, or remember to remain humble. It's with humility that I am able to surpass prior limitations. Too much thought may cloud your judgment. If you find yourself overthinking things like I do, step away from it and re-approach it with a fresher mind. That's all I have for now. I would like to help as much as I can, but I'm not sure if what I said was helpful. Take it with a grain of salt, I guess.

There are 258 visitors, 10 guests and 36 members online (3  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Zanthan Storm, steamboat28, Shadouness, RyuJin, Jestor, ren, Nakis, LTK, Darren, Proteus, Luthien, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, scott777ab, Metsu Desal, Llama Su, Archon, Kamizu, Nicole Judge, Wudan, Zenchi, Frost, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Matsukaze, Aqua, Tarran, Cyan Sarden, OB1Shinobi, Paloran, Atticus509, Krieger, Nabon, Giz0404, The Penguin, Oakenshaw, Rob78, Tombe, Winston.

Follow Us