\"Rules for the Forum\"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7757 by
But this is going to need some mind bending. Sounds like a fun task. Hmmmm.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #7759 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Jon wrote:

I can really appreciate this, and after all we are all Jedi. I actually feel fine with the things as they are. But we have to remember that our Temple has a public character. Imagine having to negotiate with a Muslim or Jew and telling them that we consider their faith to be a part of the Christian Rite.

It would actually be more accurate to put it as \"The Abrahamic Rite\" since they are all Abrahamic religions. However, there is no need to make changes to these simply because of words. Semantics is not something which need be worried about.

The Abrahamic Rite! That`s a great idea Master Tom.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #7760 by Jon
Twsoundsoff wrote:

But this is going to need some mind bending. Sounds like a fun task. Hmmmm.

Lol. I didn`t say I wasn`t going to make things easy.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7762 by
Replied by on topic Re:
nevertheless i think it is improtant to say once more, that just by another name for the rite it would not be the \"same\" anymore ... but I would like to have the rites a bigger denominator, being more universal than the present ones ;)

i totally agree with \"Abrahamic Rite\"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8189 by
Abrahamic Rite. How elegantly simple and beautifully put. I'm game for this concept.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8192 by
Replied by on topic Re:
Sekhu_Ba_Ra wrote:

Abrahamic Rite. How elegantly simple and beautifully put. I'm game for this concept.

I like that.

M

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8550 by
Abraham's case is interesting. A god provides a rehearsal to him. Examines his faith. Has to sacrifice for god his son.There is a parallel. God sacrifices his son for the man. He is sure that god did not want Izsak to die. He prevented this thing. Then why was asking this victim? What hat kind of seed does this thing have? I do not understand. God's road is inscrutable...

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8551 by Jon
Eridanus wrote:

Abraham's case is interesting. A god provides a rehearsal to him. Examines his faith. Has to sacrifice for god his son.There is a parallel. God sacrifices his son for the man. He is sure that god did not want Izsak to die. He prevented this thing. Then why was asking this victim? What hat kind of seed does this thing have? I do not understand. God's road is inscrutable...

God certainly isn`t playing with anyone, I`m sure He could think of better than that. This was an experience for Abraham from which he could feel how important God is in his life.

\"If God is not of supreme importance then He is of no importance!\"

And what we have to remember is Abraham could have broken this off any time he wanted.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 months ago #36176 by
Replied by on topic Re:
Very interesting topic, indeed.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
4 years 8 months ago #340234 by Neaj Pa Bol

Neaj Pa Bol wrote: \"Rules for the Forum\"

I have been sitting here, thinking of what \"Rules for the Forum\" means to me. I am one that likes things simplified and not so stricked you don't have breathing room to be human, so I will use and old phrase...
Keep it simple stupid...

1) This forum is open to all and any to post, read and maybe ponder in thought.

2) Posts should be of a positive nature, i.e.: pose a question, pose a thought, open discussion without bias.

3) THERE WILL BE NO BASHING OR ATTACKING POSTS OR MEMBERS OR MEMBERS BELIEFS OR CHOICES.

4) Topic is Christian Jedi, this is each persons own beliefs, understandings, thoughts, questions, etc., with polite and kind responses.

5) This forum is designed for members that follow a Christian standard in conjunction with Jediism.

I would expect that our members that come here will uphold good faith in posting. All members are welcome to join in. This is just a space for those who wish to have discussions and thoughts in their chosen path of Christianity inconjunction with Jediism.

Revision of these \"Rules for the Forum\" maybe updated as needed.

Thank you

8 years later I realized that not much was edited and the breakdown is incorrect. Abrahamic SIG has grown into not a Christian base but includes Judaic and Muslim as well, all derived from the Abrahamic line, so the rules are the same but covers a wider view of Religions. I will re-affirm the Rules later this week...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi