This Should Be Christian Not Abrahamic (Yes / No)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57773 by
Unless I'm mistaken Abrahamic refers to judaism and islam as well. No need to make them feel all excluded.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57775 by

csmith wrote: Unless I'm mistaken Abrahamic refers to judaism and islam as well. No need to make them feel all excluded.

Yes. The subject of the forum is whether or not to change the title Abrahamic to Christian. As it stands, it's all-inclusive. The debate is on how nearly all the Jedi in this SIG are Christian, rather than Jewish or Muslim.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57778 by
I understand it would possibley be more difficult but why not make seperate Christian, Muslim and Jewish SIG pages?
(sorry if this has been posted before haven't read it all)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57788 by
I think that if it were changed to a Christian SIG, there should be equal representation of Judaism and Islam. We'd need to have a forum for each. Like 7-Eleven...they're not always doing business, but they're always open. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57792 by

Darren wrote: We'd need to have a forum for each. Like 7-Eleven...they're not always doing business, but they're always open. ;)

very well put :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57855 by
Problem is, we'd have to make separate SIGs for Western religions: buddhism, thaoism, shintoism and so on, which would be helpful, but the entire section will only get messier.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57871 by
Another idea is that we can eliminate the special interest groups altogether. How can we stand as a united front, when we so willingly categorize and seperate ourselves. We should spend less time focusing on what makes us uniquie, and more time on what brings us together!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57874 by
I still don't fully understand the reason of the SIGs

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57876 by
I would imagine they were originally created to be a more specific resource for people of other faiths. What i have trouble seeing is why people feel the need to narrow their resources in such a way. Would not a multitude of opinions, and a wider array of backgrounds, lead to a more concise and useful answer to a question?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57894 by

csmith wrote: Another idea is that we can eliminate the special interest groups altogether. How can we stand as a united front, when we so willingly categorize and seperate ourselves. We should spend less time focusing on what makes us uniquie, and more time on what brings us together!

I understand what you're saying, but why then should we even call this religion 'Jediism'?

Why not call it 'Humanism' since we're all humans...

Don't get me wrong I understand the negative aspects of classification, and I understand why they are ultimately meaningless. But as long as you understand that there is no reason to be against them for organisational purposes

If I want to find what views Christian/Islamic/Jewish etc... Jedi have on Jediism then it is useful to have a place that I can go to to find those views easily

Imagine not having any differentiation... everything would be in a part of the forum called 'Jediism' and we wouldn't be able to find a thing because it would be one massive mess of completely different posts and ideas...

Extreme example of course, but it illustrates my point that I think it is important to have separate forums for separate ideas

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi