This Should Be Christian Not Abrahamic (Yes / No)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #45080 by
Edit: I misread it (4 am will do that to a person.) I don't agree with segregating anything everything should just be abrahamic. Splitting "Jewish" "Islam" and "Christianity" would be a way to segregate things. I mean you can have a christian up bringing and not worship christ which will instantly make you "non christian" in a sense. Segregation is always bad it's like "This forum topic is for Christians only Jews drink over there." In my opinion everything should be equal and not by creating 3 different subs because essentially they are all the same religion anyways (this comes from a christian converted to Islam.) Any type of segregation (especially uneeded ones) are just that segregation. It would be different if you had religious text fights over who is right then it should be split to prevent it but as far as an unwarented split is sort of like having a "white" water fountain and a "black" water fountain back before Martin Luther King. Doesn't matter what percentages because then it just ends up disrespecting the ".1%" for no reason besides wanting it more of a secluded to "your" (said as a whole" view points.

Just my opinion of course.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45085 by
I say make your sub interest group... we are Jedi and that makes us one.... I am a practicing Christian (for 35 years) and would love to share with other Christians/ Jedi. If any other faiths jump on through discussions... even better... not that big a deal....

More
12 years 4 months ago #45105 by Br. John
We have a forum for Christian Studies. At least we did. I'm sure it's still here but I'm not seeing it. The holiday really messed up my diet and my blood sugar is crazy. My vision is off so I'm probably looking right over it.

If someone could point it out please?

Founder of The Order

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 4 months ago #45106 by Jestor
That was the point of this thread Br. John... I believe...

This forum is called Abrahamic...

It, as well as the Pagan and Buddist all seem to be subforums of the Humanist/Realist...

That's not right...

The should be seperate like the Jediism forum...

As well ad the kids forum, and ladies forums are also of "special" interest...

In my opinion...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
12 years 4 months ago #45108 by Jestor
We never put it to a vote...

Christian would be a sub forum of the Abrahamic forum...

As well as the Islamic, and whatever...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #45111 by
if there is a change to insue why not meet half way and leave the abrahamic rite for inter religion speaking and us non christians can still speak to christians without some sort of "passing barrier" thought when entering another sub forum and instead create a brand new specific forum for specifically christians. This will create the choice to talk about abraham's religions in general and those who must have a specific sub forum can have theirs. i think this would be a better way to show to the muslim and judiasm followers that this isn't only a christian only forum. This way EVERYONE wins without further segregating things. So in short keep this sub forum the same and add a christian specific sub forum

(bolded to catch attention)
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
12 years 4 months ago #45115 by Jestor
That is a valid point...

Instead, create a Christian, Islamic, and Judaism forums, as well as a "open" or combo forum...

However, if I have a question about the Muslim forum, I'm probably going to ask in the Muslim forum...

As I'll ask respectfully, I don't think members of any branch will have issues with it...

We talked about this, but the Muslim and Judaism forums will be empty for a while... or will take longer to fill... Not really a big deal, just a statement....

Written in orange, cause I like orange, and it looked really good in the old site.... I use blue too sometimes for the same reason...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45116 by

Jestor wrote: That is a valid point...

Instead, create a Christian, Islamic, and Judaism forums, as well as a "open" or combo forum...

However, if I have a question about the Muslim forum, I'm probably going to ask in the Muslim forum...

As I'll ask respectfully, I don't think members of any branch will have issues with it...

We talked about this, but the Muslim and Judaism forums will be empty for a while... or will take longer to fill... Not really a big deal, just a statement....

Written in orange, cause I like orange, and it looked really good in the old site.... I use blue too sometimes for the same reason...

Well because of the length it will take to fill up these smaller parts of the forum I say the combined forum should be everything but aso be especially for mulsim and judiasm just because we can still look like tho forum alive instead of lets say just me posting in the Islam folder until more Muslims come (and that is if they do come which is harder to get muslims in honestly because of cultural and background difference compared to christianity which is 77% of america.) Honestly I don't want to end up talking to myself ha. And as for the Judiasm I think that should also be combined in the multi abrahamic forum because of number reason which 3 Jewish guys talking on a empty forum lol. So much easier just to have Abrham's and a seperate christian because christianity is way high in numbers in europe and america. So jst keep this forum and only add a new christian forum. I believe no real complaints will take place if this sub forum remains and a new christian one (and only a christian one) is built otherwise you have 2 very dead sub forums where everyonce in awhile you have me pop up randomly and go "Guess what? New today in the World of Islam blah blah blah" and I'll just end up talking to myself :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #57751 by
I don't know if this is still an issue, but I thought I'd comment regardless, especially in the wake of the Buddhist rite being opened to all Eastern faiths. I firmly believe that this SIG should remain listed as Abrahamic. Sure, there are plenty of Christians, and that's peachy, but this isn't a Christian gathering space. This is a space for Jedi who are learning about/practice a certain Abrahamic religion. If it's Christian, then they can be as Christian as they want. But if a Jedi wants to explore Islam or Judaism, that should be just as valid a discussion point within this SIG as any Christian-based discussion. It's not about the numbers, it's about the study and discussion of the faiths involved. Just as all Pagan religions are open for discussion, be it Wiccan, Druid, or other, and every Eastern religion, be it Buddhist, Taoist, or other, should be just as valid a discussion topic.

To sum it up: every single Jedi here might be Christian, but the point of these Special Interest Groups is to explore religions alongside and in tandem with Jediism, not the other way around. Just my two cents. :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #57758 by Ben

Aceboizor wrote: I don't know if this is still an issue, but I thought I'd comment regardless, especially in the wake of the Buddhist rite being opened to all Eastern faiths. I firmly believe that this SIG should remain listed as Abrahamic. Sure, there are plenty of Christians, and that's peachy, but this isn't a Christian gathering space. This is a space for Jedi who are learning about/practice a certain Abrahamic religion. If it's Christian, then they can be as Christian as they want. But if a Jedi wants to explore Islam or Judaism, that should be just as valid a discussion point within this SIG as any Christian-based discussion. It's not about the numbers, it's about the study and discussion of the faiths involved. Just as all Pagan religions are open for discussion, be it Wiccan, Druid, or other, and every Eastern religion, be it Buddhist, Taoist, or other, should be just as valid a discussion topic.

To sum it up: every single Jedi here might be Christian, but the point of these Special Interest Groups is to explore religions alongside and in tandem with Jediism, not the other way around. Just my two cents. :)

I agree. My signature professes my 'rite' to be Christian but I still consider my SIG to be Abrahamic. Just because almost all of the Abrahamic SIG members are Christian doesn't mean that we wont have an unexpected influx of people from other Abrahamic religions. Or even if it was only one person, they should still be able to find a home in the SIGs. Inclusiveness for all! Plus the nature of a Special Interest Group is that surely you shouldn't have to be a member of the religion to be in the SIG - you might just be interested in learning more about it - all Abrahamic view points should therefore be up for discussion.

Not sure whether it is still an issue though, I haven't seen/heard it discussed at any point.

B.Div | OCP

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi