Why should we have "fear of God"?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316400 by
Replied by on topic Why should we have "fear of God"?
G'd holds you accountable, so the idea is to hold yourself accountable, the saying is " wisdom comes with the fear of G"d " and its a simple reminder to hold yourself accountable...or He will.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316504 by
Yeah this is where religion trips me off. If fear is hate, why should we hate the lord? But I have no quelms with treating the lord as a father figure.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316505 by

Kwitshadie wrote: Yeah this is where religion trips me off. If fear is hate, why should we hate the lord? But I have no quelms with treating the lord as a father figure.

How, in your mind, is fear hate? I fear many things, but don't hate them, and I hate many things, but don't fear them. What equates the two in your mind?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316528 by
Point taken, I think I might need to reread some of this again for they must be in different contexts. Alas, I realize I got a lot to learn in the Jedi Order.
In Episode one Yoda "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering".

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #316530 by

Kwitshadie wrote: In Episode one Yoda "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering".

Ah yes, a classic quote, but can fear become hate through anger if they are already the same? ;)

Kwitshadie wrote: Alas, I realize I got a lot to learn in the Jedi Order.

You're already taking your first steps, and that's what matters. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi