TotJO Patches

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #139383 by Kit
TotJO Patches was created by Kit
So I'm sure many of you have seen the patch work that I've been doing. Steamboat had this brilliant idea for more designs! So I present to you: the rank patches! :D

These are based off of the rank designs of Vesha which Steamboat manipulated and coerced me to make into patches

So at the top you see a Sr Knight rank bar (that still needs a little work in the design)

Middle is two tries at the Councilor. The left one has the back pattern done in stitching and the right one has a white-on-white fabric pattern instead to get that same idea. (I like the right one best but I have no idea how easy it is to get fabric like that...I could only find it in one fat quarter and not on a bolt) ...On the right one I had this grand idea that it'd look cool to have the TotJO emblem outlined in white so the outline would fade into the background as it got there....it looked like a blob so I did it in black over...so now it looks like a mess...but the design isn't intended that way XD Hey! Give me some room for experimental design mistakes ;)

Bottom left is the Initiate rank

Bottom right is Bishop. I found some really cool baltic fabric that I think gives off the impression of stained glass like in Vesha's work. But it can easily be run on a flat purple fabric too.

Here's a (hopefully closer) look at the Councilor patch just because I love the details on the fabric...you see no white stitching :whistle: But what you DO see is a cool pattern I manage to figure out how to program :D the kind of wavy design in the stitching in the bar instead of a simple line <3 I thought it turned out well!
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, steamboat28, Jestor, Adder, Wescli Wardest, Ben and 7 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #139384 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic TotJO Patches
And for anybody who has an embroidery machine, I can save these as any file your machine can use...at least I have yet to run across a machine who had some odd-ball file use that my program can't use XD

But here's the link to where all these designs are uploaded and amended if needed.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Currently there is only PES (Brother) because that's my machine :D feel free to request specific designs in specific formats!

There's also a generic "How to" on the patches loaded in there. It's the same technique I use when I make them.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Kit.

More
10 years 1 month ago #139385 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic TotJO Patches
These are INCREDIBLE :)

I love them all.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kit

More
10 years 1 month ago #139387 by Kit

V-Tog wrote: These are INCREDIBLE :)

I love them all.

:D :D Thank you!! They were a lot of work to design and make but they're a lot of fun too :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #139390 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic TotJO Patches

Kamizu wrote: These are based off of the rank designs of Vesha which Steamboat manipulated and coerced me to make into patches

Oh yes. I had to twist her arm. It was awful. :P

But I am totally in love with these. They're fantastic! Now I just need to find a jacket to put them on...

(For the inspiration for these patches, check out Vesha's Hi-Res Rank Bars , and my post in the TotJO Digital Art Repository , which you lovely folks should start adding to :P )
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Kit, Tarran

More
10 years 1 month ago #139483 by Kit

steamboat28 wrote: Oh yes. I had to twist her arm. It was awful. :P

It was *sniff sniff* you're mean! :,{

And thanks for adding the links :D I forgot to go dig them up
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
10 years 1 month ago #139517 by Kit
If anyone would like to see any specific designs or file formats generated, please post your ideas here and I'll see what I can do :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #141740 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic TotJO Patches
Are these for sale by chance?

If so, how much per patch, and what kinds are available for purchase? :cheer:

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kit

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi