Questions regarding Clergy processes

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166632 by
Good call. Just such an addition to the Charter is currently the first item on Saturday's agenda :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166777 by

Brenna wrote: I have reached a stage where I can have no confidence in the leadership or manifestation of purpose of our clergy.

Things have been rather dynamic lately. :whistle: This place is evolving. Maybe some of us are not happy about it. Given time more things will change, hopefull for the better. It is necessary for leadership to hear you speak up and shareing your thoughts and opinions.

I think patience and tolerance is called for here. Going away doesn't help anything. :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #166784 by steamboat28

Rickie The Grey wrote: I think patience and tolerance is called for here. Going away doesn't help anything.

It does if she says it does. You'd be amazed what a little drama-free peace and quiet can do to help you reflect on a situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166789 by
I agree. :) There has been a lot of emotion lately.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166793 by
Pretty sure we have a little saying about that... something about emotion and peace. :whistle: Clarity takes in everything, not tunnel vision.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #166795 by steamboat28

Connor L. wrote: Pretty sure we have a little saying about that... something about emotion and peace. :whistle: Clarity takes in everything, not tunnel vision.

Pratyahara is a means to control the intake of our surroundings, to ensure that we take in only what is good for us. Brenna's absence, filtered through this lens, may give us more insight than if we simply called it "going away."
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by steamboat28.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166798 by
I should clarify, taking in everything doesn't mean everything is processed. Simply that we don't become blinded to possibilities due to emotional fixation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166811 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Connor L. wrote: Pretty sure we have a little saying about that... something about emotion and peace. :whistle: Clarity takes in everything, not tunnel vision.

Pratyahara is a means to control the intake of our surroundings, to ensure that we take in only what is good for us. Brenna's absence, filtered through this lens, may give us more insight than if we simply called it "going away."

Can't access pratyahara? Please help me understand the connection to "going away". This is a sincere request, not looking to stir up anything troublesome. :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #166814 by steamboat28
In my studies, one of the ideas of pratyahara is the control of what we take in. Control can take many forms, from weaning oneself completely from stimuli to simply standing guard at the gates of your mind and determining what gets through and what does not. If someone takes an LoA from this Temple because it's harming them more than it's helping them, that is a possible expression of pratyahara. They're controlling what they take in and what they do not. Every person has a right to that control, and I don't think we should be negatively discussing someone who's announced they're taking a leave of absence because of similar reasons to those I used in the example above if they aren't around to discuss it themselves.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166857 by

steamboat28 wrote: , and I don't think we should be negatively discussing someone who's announced they're taking a leave of absence because of similar reasons to those I used in the example above if they aren't around to discuss it themselves.

I wasn't trying to be negative about anyone. I thought I was making a statement supporting her to hang in there and how important it is for her and people like her to speak their mind. I find Brenna to be a positive and supportive force around this place.

If someone needs to chill out for a while that's good. I hope she comes back. This place will be the better for it. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi