TOTJO's First Ever Fund Raiser Auction

More
8 years 9 months ago #197031 by Kit
What's the shipping like between counties in Europe? I was thinking if there's enough interest, I could make a few and send them over to someone to distribute? That would dilute the shipping from the US by a bit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #197032 by Cyan Sarden

Kamizu wrote: What's the shipping like between counties in Europe? I was thinking if there's enough interest, I could make a few and send them over to someone to distribute? That would dilute the shipping from the US by a bit.

Depends a bit - from my experience, shipping from the UK to other European countries is fairly cheap. E.g. shipping a 500g parcel from the UK to Switzerland costs about 25$, but shipping the same parcel from Switzerland to the UK easily costs 4 times as much :-)

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 9 months ago #197048 by ren

Cyan Sarden wrote:

Kamizu wrote: What's the shipping like between counties in Europe? I was thinking if there's enough interest, I could make a few and send them over to someone to distribute? That would dilute the shipping from the US by a bit.

Depends a bit - from my experience, shipping from the UK to other European countries is fairly cheap. E.g. shipping a 500g parcel from the UK to Switzerland costs about 25$, but shipping the same parcel from Switzerland to the UK easily costs 4 times as much :-)

it all depends what you pay for. royal mail doesnt offer end to end international tracking with signature as far as I know... But you can ship 500g from the UK to switzerland and switzerland to the uk for about 10 dolllars.You can also pay 100, and have next day delivery, tracking, signed for, etc. Shipping is usually quite expensive because sellers want tracking and signatures.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
8 years 9 months ago #197050 by Edan

ren wrote: it all depends what you pay for. royal mail doesnt offer end to end international tracking with signature as far as I know... But you can ship 500g from the UK to switzerland and switzerland to the uk for about 10 dolllars.You can also pay 100, and have next day delivery, tracking, signed for, etc. Shipping is usually quite expensive because sellers want tracking and signatures.

There is 'International tracked and signed for' by Royal Mail as I used it when I sent a package to my FIL in the Philippines, that said I don't remember it being cheap :/

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #197052 by Kit
So it sounds like it's not going to save any money doing that then :(

Too bad I don't know anyone stationed overseas anymore. APO shipping isn't nearly as bad.

Well keep your fingers crossed I get an overseas assignment? XD
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Kit.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 9 months ago #197053 by ren

Edan wrote:

ren wrote: it all depends what you pay for. royal mail doesnt offer end to end international tracking with signature as far as I know... But you can ship 500g from the UK to switzerland and switzerland to the uk for about 10 dolllars.You can also pay 100, and have next day delivery, tracking, signed for, etc. Shipping is usually quite expensive because sellers want tracking and signatures.

There is 'International tracked and signed for' by Royal Mail as I used it when I sent a package to my FIL in the Philippines, that said I don't remember it being cheap :/

Indeed I just looked at it, they do offer it for some destinations... I still prefer couriers though, mostly because they handle customs without slapping exorbitant fees on top of the tariffs and VAT.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
8 years 9 months ago #197744 by Kit

Jestor wrote: HEYHEYHEYHEY!!!!

AUCTION WENT LIVE AT 9:20 THIS MORNING!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=TOTJO&ssPageName=GSTL

GET YOUR 'BID' ON!!!

Just wanted to bump this. Three days left!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
8 years 9 months ago #197933 by Kit

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi