Changes to the Membership Application....

More
8 years 10 months ago #195101 by Tellahane

Jestor wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I was a fully functional guest for over 2 weeks before I even applied,

I was a guest for a week it appears, lol...

I dont burst into a room either... Generally... I have, but its not normal...

Usually, I move in slow, and watch my corners and back before proceeding too far in the room... Im hard to scare at Halloween, lol...

I'm the same way, though through trial and error I've learned to observe whats going on, what people are willing/not willing to talk about and discuss and get the general mood before I open up on anything, I'm capable of having a discussion about any topic whether acceptable or not by whatever group I happen to be with, but I'm just a weird open-minded person that way, so I have to temper that a bit when I walk into a new room or area or whatever and make sure I don't go off on a tangent that would be deemed inappropriate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion, Edan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #195108 by steamboat28

Aqua wrote: ''Completing'' the IP within - 24 h. would result in a good way. Good to see that those people have little patience. Good way of seeing how people are.

I could not disagree more. As someone who habitually completes tasks extremely quickly, I feel that labeling me as "impatient" is rude, ignorant, and outright offensive. The only reason I took a year on the IP is because they told me I had to spend at least X number of months as a novice before my completed IP would be accepted, so I started slacking out of spite until my personal life took over the time I'd have spent studying. I could've completed it much faster, and I don't believe it would've turned out any differently.

I spent just over a month on the Seminary coursework, too, and there's quite a lot of it. I was slacking on it, only doing one lesson every once in an "I feel like it," and could've completed it much, much faster. I don't think that my speed in that endeavor harmed my final output, either.

Just because people do things quickly doesn't mean they aren't doing them right. Can we please stop putting emphasis on this idea that a Jedi must take a stupid amount of time to truly consider the possibilities of blah blah blah, and just accept that some of our minds move faster than others?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Kit, Edan

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195110 by Jestor

Just because people do things quickly doesn't mean they aren't doing them right. Can we please stop putting emphasis on this idea that a Jedi must take a stupid amount of time to truly consider the possibilities of blah blah blah, and just accept that some of our minds move faster than others?

Split Topic...;)

Link is a-comin'...

TA-DA!!!!!

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Temple/110884-how-much-study-time-is-the-right-amount-of-time#195116

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Alexandre Orion, Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195113 by
I think it's a fine idea. If it make his volunteer time less of a burdon then I'm all for it. Jestor sees a lot more stuff behind the scenes than we do and I trust his judgment. This will work until it doesn't. When it doesn't it can be changed.

I feel that labeling me as "impatient" is rude, ignorant, and outright offensive.

Please don't take the generalization personally.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195115 by
Warning: Spoiler!

Hi Jestor,

You are to kind :blush: I am reassured with your ''structured'' response, I am sorry if I am not as good in doing that myself sometimes, but I will try to improve it.. My first post was answered indeed, by Edan in her first post in this topic.

Jestor wrote: Actually, One person has done it in less than 24 hours, another did it in less than 72...

It is quite a thing to hear that people can be able to progress so quick with the IP. If you would have to listen to all the audio and video material.. takes quite some time. The new policy sounds like a thoughtful plan, stopping ''funplications'' is quite thing for many big organizations and communities.

Jestor wrote: So, this is to stop folks who fill out the application for fun, thinking "How cool, Im a Jedi Now!!"...

I see that you did take much time for editing the photos, interesting to see that so much information is stored, thought of searching everything by hand.. Silly me.. :lol: However, to come back to your explaining, you gave it a good try :woohoo: happy with your around to answer all my questions! If I find more questions I will not wait to ask them, ..you know :blush:

Thanks!

- Aqua :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Jestor wrote: My son is 15, he has experienced over 780 weeks... What is one more before he is allowed to be a member?

Some people life their live from day to day. Week will feel 7 times longer then they can image. Seven times longer than imagination can be quite long for some people. But I must admit that a week for me personal is nothing to. (That is why my vacation days go so fast..) :blink:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195277 by Jestor
Shameless bump, lol...

Here is something I cannot understand, and to me, a justifiable reason to create the time gap from account creation, to membership eligibility......

Its not this personal fault, its the system...

Same person, just one from a profile look, on from the admin...

Attachment h2e2efdd.JPG not found

Attachment hfd3b6e7.JPG not found

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
8 years 10 months ago #195284 by Edan
I always wondered that.... People are online after confirming their account, go through the motions then disappear...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #195287 by

Jestor wrote: Shameless bump, lol...

Here is something I cannot understand, and to me, a justifiable reason to create the time gap from account creation, to membership eligibility......

Its not this personal fault, its the system...

Same person, just one from a profile look, on from the admin...

Attachment h2e2efdd.JPG not found

Attachment hfd3b6e7.JPG not found

Interesting to see.. It is quite a thing that the system [strike]people[/strike] can do such a thing.. I think that your words show some kind of saying, that we have a system that is updating slowly? How can it be that some person can be novice, a person that is recorded / seen studying the IP program, and never logged in? Jestor, do you see this message for days? Or does it change after a few hours / minutes?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #195289 by
Why don't we give them more than a day since they registered to log in again :P not everyone will log on each day.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 10 months ago #195299 by ren
The auto-login after registration won't show as a successful first login.... On top of that we use long sessions, and have a "remember me" feature... Someone who has some kind of browser extension which reloads totjo automatically may never get a session timeout.

This being said, I remember arguing against marking a difference between "temple members" and "novices" but the court's most famous jester at the time said he didn't mind doing the extra work :whistle:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi